· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 267 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Application - Nycterra - 70 Druid/Feral Spec

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Nycterra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote

====Guild Application====

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

Nycterra - 70 Druid (Feral spec)

2. What is your age?

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.

My current guild is Infernus Malae. I joined this guild 3 months ago with my husband, Spoonarius (70 Shaman, Enchancement), in order to raid on a consistent basis. We've done much in the way of progression, starting from ground zero in Karazhan to full clears of the instance including Netherspite in 3.5 hours. We further assisted the guild leaders in creating a second and third Karazhan team in order to flesh out a good 25-man group for raiding Gruul's and SSC. Unfortunately, many of the individuals in our Karazhan groups have either quit the game, gone off on miliatary deployment or disappeared completely. In order to continue to grow in the game in terms of classmanship and content, we'd like to join a guild who can offer a steady raiding schedule and who also understands the importance of family.

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them?

I'm not sure that I know of anyone in Scalebane, although I've seen Nycterwina and her name cracks me up because it's so much like my own Wink

5. Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) as well as several UI Mods required for raiding?

I currently have Ventrillo installed along with Deadly Boss Mods and KTM (threat meter). I'm certainly willing to install any other programs you may require.

6. Are you willing to raid late at night? (11PM EST - 3AM EST)

Yes. Spoonarius and I have two children - a 12 week old baby girl and a 5 year old daughter (who thinks she's 15 mind you). The ONLY time we can raid is in the evening! Smile

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like?

I have two sets of great gear - one for tanking and a second for dps. Each set is nearly full on epics from Karazhan. My chestpiece is crafted, epic, and socketed. Each individual piece of gear has all available sockets, enchants and/or leg armor additions. My current defense rating is 443. I have experience as main tank and off tank for Karazhan and Gruul's. I also have experience as dps for both. I have nearly all keys required for heroic dungeons. Just ask if you need anything else.

8. What, if any, instances are you attuned/keyed for?

I'm attuned for all instances except Mt. Hyjal and Black Temple. I also cannot open the fall for SSC but as I understand this isn't needed anymore by each person but am willing to get it if I need to.

9. Can you describe what raiding experience you have?

I've been playing WoW on the same character (Nycterra) for the past 3 years, since the game became available in November of 2004. I was first a healing druid and part of Gnomercy, which started small, grew big, then disbanded and became tiny again. Throughout that process, I raided each instance and anything available on a consistent basis using first TeamSpeak, then upgrading to Ventrillo as our guild continued to grow. We used DKP systems in all raids, from MC on up. I've had the privelage of leading raids such as MC, ZG, AQ20/40 and Karazhan with my husband as well as following along with current leadership as ordered. I have no qualms taking directions, maintaining focus and keeping to our goals. I live for the moment when we finish what we were trying to achieve. Hell, I remember when we first downed Rag after 6 hours of trying - it felt so good it nearly rivaled my sex life.

10. What do you enjoy most about playing the game? There is no right answer here, so don''t sweat it =)

I love the storyline, the system behind the game, ease of playing and flexibility, working with other teammates who enjoy viewing new content as much as I do and working to achieve those goals which we've set for ourself. After all, what is playing this game if you aren't able to work with others?

11. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

The need for a strong support unit of teammates and individuals with whom I and my husband can relate. I find as I grow older that there are more and more younger little punks on this game than I'd like to admit. I need folks who I can joke with, laugh about the lawn mower breaking and still down a good 2-3 bosses in an evening with (if not more).

12. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

Nope.

13. Are you the original owner of your account, and are you the only one who plays your character?

Yes to both questions. I've never given this account information to anyone and never will. I love my character too much and have invested far too many hours of my life in her to let some goofball mess it up.

14. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We're first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)

I moved to Miami, FL from North Dakota one year ago this December. Essentially, I'm dying in the heat but enjoying the big city life with my husband, two daughters and one goofy dog. I attend college full time with a double major in Geology and Management Information Systems and hope to someday design software for geologists to use in the field. Of course, all of this depends highly on my ability to survive a hurricane.

I enjoy this game very much, in fact my entire family (my folks back home and my brother) play and spending time with them online is as much fun as a spendy trip to Disney World. I have a great sense of humor, love working with others and fancy my husband above anyone else in the world. He is a lucky man. That is all. Wink
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote

Thanks for applying. Your application is under review.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quote

Nycterra wrote:
I remember when we first downed Rag after 6 hours of trying - it felt so good it nearly rivaled my sex life.

PB J Time!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote

Calisa wrote:
Nycterra wrote:
I remember when we first downed Rag after 6 hours of trying - it felt so good it nearly rivaled my sex life.

PB J Time!

... wait what!?
Irishangel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quote

The name is too close to Nycterwina, imho. Someone would get confused.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:46 am Reply with quote

Irishangel wrote:

We can call her "Nycter", and we can call Nycterwina "Nycter 2"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quote

wait a sec....
Soularmor
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote

G-Master T wrote:

lol

Poor Fedex.
/soothe

You'll still be number 1 in my book!
/cheer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote

Nycterwina wrote:
wait a sec....

what's even creepier is that in the past I'm pretty sure I've mistelled things to Nycterwina that should've gone to the wife and moreso... we all live in Florida O_o

/tinfoilhat
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Spoonarius and I have two children

Scalebane runs child friendly raids Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Irishangel wrote:

lol Like Earth and Earth2? Does anyone remember that series on TV or am I rambling on about stuff too old to remember?

All hail Eredar babies!!
Raunwynn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Nycterra wrote:
All hail Eredar babies!!

hail!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote

Earth and Earth2 hrmm i think i might remember seeing that a time or two. I think i remember a cave and they were like aliens who looked like humaniod earth elementals?
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote

Recruited!

View next topic
View previous topic