· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 254 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Diablo 3 to have real word cash auction house

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/diablo-3-will-let-you-buy-and-sell-items-for-real-world-cash.ars

Quote:
When you create a game that lets people trade items and you make some items both very rare and very valuable, you create the demand for a black market. Blizzard has decided to bring cash transactions into Diablo 3; the company has announced the addition of auction houses to the game. You can buy items for gold in one house, and straight-up cash in another. Each region will have a single marketplace, to make sure no currency or exchange issues rear their heads.

Interesting! No matter where you stand on the whole cash for items debate, as the article indirectly mentions, this was going to happen anyway with a black market. This allows blizzard to regulate it, and get a piece of the pie. Problem not a bad business move on their part, but I'm sure this is going to be controversial move.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Anyone who has looked on e-bay during Diablo 2's hay day knows that there were hundreds, if not thousands of auctions abusing bots to farm items. In-game trade basically came to a halt if you didn't purchase massively farmed runes, as they were the only in-game currency with any worth left after Stone of Jordens became tradable for something better to clear them from the economy. If the online login and official auction house can keep the duping and farmers even remotely at bay, I welcome it.

Also, it will be nice to make a few bucks on that super rare drop that doesn't work at all for your class, and would previously have been dropped on the ground for some random person to pick up or sold to a vendor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote

wow, i wonder if you'll be able to make a living farming items.
that would be cool!

Hunter Class Leader
Hunter Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Professional Diablo Item Farmer
hmm not a great job title but it pays

Cletus 85 Draenei Paladin
Cruton 80 Human Death Knight
BladesFury
PvP Officer
PvP Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote

Looks like i just found a job
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Hah! I beat you to the punch!

OMG 1 min!!

Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Pfft, I linked this on my facebook days ago!

But, yes, I'm excited :3

Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Konata wrote:
Anyone who has looked on e-bay during Diablo 2's hay day knows that there were hundreds, if not thousands of auctions abusing bots to farm items. In-game trade basically came to a halt if you didn't purchase massively farmed runes, as they were the only in-game currency with any worth left after Stone of Jordens became tradable for something better to clear them from the economy. If the online login and official auction house can keep the duping and farmers even remotely at bay, I welcome it.

Also, it will be nice to make a few bucks on that super rare drop that doesn't work at all for your class, and would previously have been dropped on the ground for some random person to pick up or sold to a vendor.

I completely agree. This definitely seems to be the smart move. It's going to happen, so you might as well protect the players as best you can and monetize it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Konata wrote:

I completely agree. This definitely seems to be the smart move. It's going to happen, so you might as well protect the players as best you can and monetize it.

i remember the last time i logged in and a dude wanted like zod runes or whatever for some item.
it had been a long time since i had logged in before that, so i didn't know the runes were so farmed and i thought the guy was crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote

they can legally do it to if any of u played APB aka All Points Bulitin u cude buy items in there AH type thing with real money as well. BTW for ppl that did play APB and know that it was canceled after a short time it is actually back up and under a new company and is free to download and play. and they fixed allot of its problems i wont play it agin becuse i got to lvl 300 and had all the cars and shit + upgrades so im not fucking playing that game agin since they are making me start back a square one but it was a hella fun game. and yes i have it installed agin. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:15 pm Reply with quote

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3501281

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:32 am Reply with quote

WHO HAS A BETA KEY
I WILL KNIFE FIGHT YOU FOR IT
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Hanukkahzomb wrote:
WHO HAS A BETA KEY
I WILL KNIFE FIGHT YOU FOR IT

If you got a beta key, I hate you.

God damn it Blizzard, let me into a beta already!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote

No i don't
i'm sure blizzard has me at the top of the list though they're just being slow about sending them
Ruy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Posted a few minutes ago: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3542796

Diablo 3 Beta is now live.

View next topic
View previous topic