· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 242 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Battlefield 3 Server

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Ruy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote

I bitched about BF3 a bit last night, but then woke up at 4am and played some more.

I went from a fractional K/D every other game last night to a very positive K/D this morning.

Here's what I did:
1) I stopped charging into the enemy in an attempt to wipe them all out.
2) I try to get to places where there isn't fighting and creep up behind the enemy (took out 3 guys with one rocket doing this, once).
3) I planted myself in choke points that a) great protection and b) were unexpected (enemies would walk by me with their backs to me).
4) I didn't play Rush maps. I played conquer maps.

So, let's throw some conquer modes up on our server, too! Smile

Death Knight Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote

I tried to play... my computer had a seizure.

Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Redmonika wrote:
I tried to play... my computer had a seizure.

Did you get your new card yet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Did you get your new card yet?

waiting for it as we speak

Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Ah good, just wanted to make sure you weren't having problems AFTER installing the new card, because that would truly suck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote

im real nervous about installing the new card.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Redmonika wrote:
im real nervous about installing the new card.

haha, I hear you. I hate going inside of PCs.

Just be sure to ground yourself after you open up the case (touch the metal rim of the case, but not the part you take off, the part with all the pieces inside and then touch some metal that's not part of the case) to make sure you don't fry any of your other hardware.

I've heard that you're not supposed to use magnetic screwdrivers, but my friend told me he built his whole PC with a magnetic screwdriver and it didn't cause any problems... I would honestly not use one if possible.
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote

You're fine using magnetic screwdrivers on PCs. Most of the concern around magnets comes from the old floppy disk days. You need a hell of a magnet to affect a hard drive platter.

Regarding the grounding, touching the case only works if it's plugged in to the wall (grounded). This isn't practical these days because the motherboard always has power flowing to it. If you're concerned about static, you'll need to get a wrist strap connected to a proper ground. I suppose you could touch the case while it was plugged in, and then unplug it before getting to work, but I'm not sure how much that would help.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, you'll probably be fine, as you're just swapping out a video card.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Regarding the grounding, touching the case only works if it's plugged in to the wall (grounded). This isn't practical these days because the motherboard always has power flowing to it. If you're concerned about static, you'll need to get a wrist strap connected to a proper ground. I suppose you could touch the case while it was plugged in, and then unplug it before getting to work, but I'm not sure how much that would help.

Ahh, that's just what the IT guy at my last job had me do before I upgraded the RAM in the work PCs with him. Didn't seem like a very effective way to ground myself lol
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/battlefield-3/86192-64-player-server-no-public-can-see-2

Dentist, Multiplay Ops wrote:
It's a known bug in Battlelog currently that the first set of results is always the same servers, rather than random as it was in the Beta. They're working to fix it currently and we should see this resolved soon.

This should mean a much more even spread of players across servers.

What we're seeing currently is that smaller servers are more likely to fill. Our 24 slot servers tend to be full quicker, and a single 8 slot server I set up for testing yesterday filled within seconds and I had to actually password it to do a simple test. This is only anecdotal evidence however, but might be something worth trying.

That was just posted today, nice to finally get some official word about this.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Some folks reported they don't have problems but their servers always seem to be 20 or 24 max.

I set ours down to 24, if someone gets a chance, please try to seed it and let me know if anyone joins.

Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Some folks reported they don't have problems but their servers always seem to be 20 or 24 max.

I set ours down to 24, if someone gets a chance, please try to seed it and let me know if anyone joins.

In there 5 min so far and nothing

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Actually I saw one join since you were on, they just didn't stay long.

Before you logged on I saw two, but the stats graph shows a few more (before I started watching).

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote

I've seen a few more join and leave throughout the day. Not a very high frequency, but they have nonetheless.

I just switched us to 2 to start the round, since with these settings we should show up in the server browser.

If any of you are in the mood, it would be interesting to see if people join if a couple of you start playing.

On another note, Multiplay has enabled queuing, so once we do fill the server up, it will have a proper queue.

Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote

i'll give it a shot later tonight, I should be on around 9-9:30 depending on how this playoff game i have to ump goes.

View next topic
View previous topic