· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 257 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - SWTOR: Server Name

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Nuka
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Side: Empire
PvP Server: Iron Citadel
Apocalypse: http://www.darkapoc.enjin.com/

Pre Launch: Dec 13-Dec 19
Launch: Dec 20th

Last edited by Nuka on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nuka
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:41 am Reply with quote

Republic side PvE

These guys are friends of SB and a remnant of our swg guild.

PVE server: Kaas City
Guild: Apocalypse Division http://www.apocxx.enjin.com/

note: our mains will be on empire on Iron Citadel PvP server

Last edited by Nuka on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inapa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote

yo whos playing this game durk / tullen / deff?
Redmonika
Death Knight Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:39 am Reply with quote

None of the above

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote

I bought the game and my purchased key failed. I wouldn't mind playing and checking it out, but I'm waiting on EA support to fix my account.

Rogue Class Leader
Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote

I will join you guys soon enough

- Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Inapa wrote:

Hi Inapa,

While I had high hopes for this game at first, the more I heard about it the less interested I became. Even then I intended on just playing a month or two to get through the content, like a single player bioware RPG.

I might reconsider after a few months once a consensus has formed about the retail version of the game. But for the moment, I have too many games I'm more interested in to check this one out.

Talk to Durk if you want details, lol, he has a lot of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Inapa wrote:

Hi Inapa,

While I had high hopes for this game at first, the more I heard about it the less interested I became. Even then I intended on just playing a month or two to get through the content, like a single player bioware RPG.

I might reconsider after a few months once a consensus has formed about the retail version of the game. But for the moment, I have too many games I'm more interested in to check this one out.

Even if you hear nothing else, you literally could just play through a bioware RPG if that's all you wanted to do if you're competent enough to press ctrl+2 to get your follower to not stand in void zones. You get light/dark side points all the same and it has the conversation wheel and whatnot. You're just doing it in wow in space
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Hanukkahzomb wrote:
Tullen wrote:
Inapa wrote:

Hi Inapa,

Even if you hear nothing else, you literally could just play through a bioware RPG if that's all you wanted to do if you're competent enough to press ctrl+2 to get your follower to not stand in void zones. You get light/dark side points all the same and it has the conversation wheel and whatnot. You're just doing it in wow in space

Yeah man, that was my original plan, but between what I've heard about the storyline (why I play bioware RPGs), and the current amount of amazing titles right now, I'm giving it a pass for now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone, I'm just saying it doesn't feel like a good fit for me at the moment. It very well may be a great game for others.

Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Hanukkahzomb wrote:
Tullen wrote:
Inapa wrote:

Hi Inapa,

Yeah man, that was my original plan, but between what I've heard about the storyline (why I play bioware RPGs), and the current amount of amazing titles right now, I'm giving it a pass for now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone, I'm just saying it doesn't feel like a good fit for me at the moment. It very well may be a great game for others.

so how is the minecraft bukkit update going?!??!??!

- Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Ruy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote

EA's support line was busy all day. They didn't answer my email to them about my problem, so I cancelled my order through Origin. I think I'm giving this game a pass, due to reviews from friends who have played it and my poor treatment from EA support.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote

That's too bad, I can't say the same though as I haven't had any trouble. I thought the beta was incredible but now I can say with the "launch" gameplay that this game is awesome. Yea its kinda like wow but what mmo these days won't have quests and mounts. Not saying it's for everyone, but it's definitely for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote

Im still waiting on my preorder preinvite preeness

Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Updated the initial post with website link http://www.darkapoc.enjin.com/ . Mektu's first attempt at it. It's red. Like the blood we spill...

My playtime is limited with a wacky holiday schedule. So if you log on empire side Iron Citadel do a /who for Apocalypse for an invite from who ever may be on.

The solo play is fun and the addition to voice really is cool. Your choices effect your light/dark but also your companion. Your companion doesn't care about light or dark so sometimes your thinking "how do I answer this, I don't want to piss Mako off!" for example. Keeping your companions happy helps your crafting/gathering skills so its something to consider.

Mooker and I did a flashpoint (dungeon) together and it was interesting to see how our choices would effect the voice over mechanic. For example he out rolled me and his toon said "Do I have to kill you to get you to shut up?" while my choice would have had a different outcome. The dynamic makes it hilarious actually. Also doing a dungeon with just two people was pretty cool. YOu could bring more friends or pull out your companions.

I know many of you want to play it solo, but you really should at least pair up because like any mmo or social game they really shine when grouping with others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote

But you still get light side/dark side points for what you WOULD HAVE said. So in the situation before I chose dark side and that chick had to be shut up but he still got light side points for wanting to listen to what she had to say.

Basically this means each dungeon has a number of different outcomes with npcs either dying or staying alive when they otherwise wouldnt have. Plus all the toons have REALLY different faces so its actually fun to play with different people and see what they have to say.

View next topic
View previous topic