· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 253 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Tryana

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
miffymog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Metha wrote:
Wow and here I thought your post was all about me being too mean, way to boost my ego by saying I'm wrong...

Guess I should've read what you said more carefully, but I was just so excited that my connection looked stable enough for me to actually log in and play WoW Very Happy

No ways, I woudn't dream of stepping on your toes. Scarab might beat me up Razz

Glad your connection is stable, but the servers are down Sad
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

At times I feel certain things should not be posted, as its not relevant or negative. But let me try and clear a few things up. Some time ago ago Calisa asked me if I would think about switching mains to Tryana...and I replied no, but told him was willing to switch to any toon for the good of the raid. I had no intention of reapplying to Scalebane this soon, or until Resolute made their decision on Passion, which is still pending. Yesterday Metha asked Mektu if he would think about switching his main to his Mage, and it was discussed in officers, therefore Mektu asked me to reapply with Tryana. As Mektu is a long time friend, I agreed.

Passion is still my favorite toon..has been for 2 years, and didnt want to use my DKP for other toons. I could keep Tyrana and Aeval as alts...and still have them totally MC geared, because of lack of locks, and priests who sign up and dont show and more than enough mages ( or was til this week). Most Locks and Priests are geared..so an alt can easily win bids. So its not about the gear..as just staying with alts...both would have been geared if I chose to use my DKP.

As to losing a geared Mage. Up til this week, if I was in game, I raided Fri/Sat. Yet others, including officers, chose to play alts or not sign up at all. Not referring to the members who are in a busy rl situation, and were nice enough to explain their absence. Members who sign up week and after week and then are no shows. Go attack them..as they are screwing your raids up more than Passion leaving. There has consistenly been a lack of healers, so losing a Mage and gaining a priest would not harm the raid. Its the person behind the toon you are recruiting, one who shows up when I say I am, dont leave the raid before the end, happy to switch alts when asked, and didnt use all my DKP up for loot for my alts.

On short notice Monday, I tried to work out a solution, moving Passion out and changing a main. And contrary to beliefs, this was not forcing Scalebane to choose. I thoroughly understood the rules, and the consequences. If anyone is familiar with Resolute, you will know this was a rare oppotunity for Passion to see another side of the game before the expansion. As it takes time for a main to be switched, I knew the spot would not be there but the time the decision was made.

Those who are close to me, know how hard this was for me to decide, as I tend to take gaming and the people I play with it to heart. My first guild leader once told me women shouldnt play MMORPGs...they are too emotional..lol.

Last edited by Passion on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
BlackLotus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote

I've been watching this post, and the other posts concerning Passion/Tryana/Aeval with a great deal of interest and I believe it's time some of you, *the people who think this is about loot* came to know the person you are questioning the motives of.

To do that, first I have to explain a little about myself, and my first meeting with Passion many years ago. I am an old gamer. I have beta's over one hundred games in my time, and have reached a point where my name as a beta tester is with many of the large gaming companies including Microsoft, EA, and Blizzard. Usually when these companies create a new game, I get an invite based on past beta testing experience without even applying.

I beta tested a game called Earth & Beyond many years ago which was released by Westwood. Electronic Arts eventually bought out Westwood and continued to keep the game running for a few years before creating a Sunset several months prior to WoW going into Beta. I loved this game, and stayed with it from beta into its final tearfilled sunset.

I was recruited into a guild in this game called UFO. This guild was unique in the fact it was a developer guild. When recruited, you were not told of its special nature...instead, the members, including Devs, played with you for weeks on end to watch your playstyle, your interaction with others, and to see if your gaming sense of honor matched theirs. After a long process, you were invited into the guild but were still not told until you finally signed on, that this was a developer guild.

This guild took the best of the best. Not because you were epic geared, not because you were top on kill lists...not because you ran the largest guild or conqured the largest instances...but because in your playstyle, you displayed honor, integrity, cooperation, and maturity .....which in turn, translated into helping others have fun in the game without benefit to yourself. thus creating a fun enviornment for everyone you encountered ingame. And you did this, without the knowledge, someone was watching you.

It was not until you finally entered UFO that you realized what had been taking place. Developers did not tell you secrets, nor did they get you epic loot, or use their Developer powers to help you conquer hard tasks. We were not to bother the Devs, but when asked, we assisted them to iron out bugs which occurred, spoke to them in guild chat as equals, and helped them enjoy the game they created. Usually, Developers do not have a lot of time to play the game as we do, so when they got a chance to actually play, we tried to make that time ingame, as pleasurable as possible.

Once you were a member of UFO, your job was to promote the good will of the game to others, and keep an eye out for those people who possessed the same qualities that first brought you to the developers attention. This is an extremely hard task as I'm sure Calisa will tell you. In Scalebane, you apply....Calisa checks your background, then the officers decide in a few days. In UFO, you had to be invited. For this to occur, you, and other members of the guild, had to play with the person for weeks...not just a few hours....weeks...before a decision was made.

In all that time, 4 years I believe....only one member ever left UFO...and that was simply because he was from England and his play schedule was interrupted by real life. Although he left, and continued to play, he maintained his integrity, and never divulged the special nature of the guild.

Even though the time of Earth and Beyond has long since passed away, the guild of UFO still exists. The members may have moved on to other games, but the website is still there, and we still continue to be friends. In fact, several members of UFO are in scalebane as I speak, with Passion being one of them.

I personally recruited Passion into UFO several years ago and have never regretted my decision. I gamed with her for weeks to see her honor, intregrity, maturity, and playstyle ...even in scalebane...she still upholds the same values first outlined by UFO. When Evernight made his post, which has now been deleted, I have to say, I took it as a personal attack. In my eyes, to insult ...and yes...insult is the right word...to insult one UFO member by saying she was concerned about loot...is to insult us all. I almost broke one of UFO's cardinal rules...*not to flame or insult a fellow guild member in public*....when I read how he believed Passion was only going for the loot and not for the reasons she stated.

By his own admission, he stated he does not know Passion. By his own admission, he stated he did not speak with her concerning her reasoning. By his own admission, he stated he basically had only half the facts as relayed to him from an officer...yet...he felt it necessary to speak on behalf of all scalebane officers and make a post to *clarify* This is not an attack on Evernight...so please do not take it that way....Any person could have made the same post...but I'm just pointing out some of the flaws in the logic which led to the post.

I am not an officer in this guild, but I have been in others. In game, as in real life...opinions can be swayed by publishing only half the facts. People who read these posts, form opinions immediately, and some, will stick with those opinions, even though they may learn the full story at a later time. Think of it this way....I know pretty well everyone has seen a court room drama on television. When the prosecutor rises and gives his final summation at the end....if left at that point...with no more testimony...then we would believe the accused is guilty....it is not until the defense lawyer rises and gives his summation that we realize we now have facts which will make us question the prosecutor's outline of the case. When we have all the facts, then, and only then, is the time we can make an informed decision.

If Passion says she is going to this guild for experience...which she will in turn, bring back to Scalebane as Tryana/Aeval...then that is exactly her intention. Yes, she will gain loot on Passion because of doing these larger instances...but more importantly, she will gain the knowledge we...as scalebane members..need desperately to further our progress into these instances. Calisa himself has told me when he goes over the recruit list these days, one of the things he looks for is someone with BWL experience. With this in mind, think of Passion as an ambassador...who is gaining the experience of AQ40 and Naxx...which we will need should we ever conquer BWL. Passion could have just moved her main, and all her alts to the other guild, but, she did not. She loves this guild and its members...and has asked to remain with her alts so she can help move this guild forward.

To say, *Oh, yeah, she will get epic loot'...only makes it appear to me personally...that the person saying that is jealous and more concerned with the loot aspect of this game instead of the well being of scalebane. . I, as my close friends know, and perhaps, some members of scalebane, do not care about loot. It is not the driving force of my game. Making friends is....and Passion is my friend. She is also one of the most giving people I know. To scalebane, and its members, she gives her time, her loyalty, and promotes the guild to all she encounters whom she feels would make a good addition to our WoW family. Is this not the main qualities we look for in a guild mate?....or have we gone beyond that point....and now are only concerned with pushing the instances for the bragging rights of epic loot regardless of who we hurt along the way.

In UFO, a bad decision to allow someone into our family could have destroyed the entire guild should the public become aware we were a developer guild....in Scalebane, that cannot happen. Many of the officers and members know Passion as a player...they know about her gaming sense of honor...and her loyality...just because her main may be changed to Tryana/Aeval....does not change the person behind the alt. She is still a wonderful person, and one I have been honored to call my friend these many years past.

If you do not know her...please take the time to do so...I assure you...you will never regret it. I am also sure, that should you follow my advice and do get to know her, you will see her intentions on moving her main, are totally honorable.

It seems when I post, which is rare, its always a long winded read...I apologize...I am just trying to point out to members, that although there are rules ...they are not written in stone...and for every rule...there is an exception. I believe Passion is the exception to the rule...as well as being an exceptional person.

To the officers of Scalebane....you have the facts...you know the honor of the person behind the alts....I, along with many others, await your decision.

BlackLotus

Cuidichidh Fortan Na Curanta Slaightear "Fortune Assists The Daring Rogue"
Ouseven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

holy long post, nah i actually read it. convinced me. also i was in order of the silver hand, which i met passion for the first time in. she has said that she will bring the experience and strategy back to scalebane, i believe her. so one of her characters is no longer here, i'm under the assumption she still will be raiding with us. she isn't abandoning us. she is still helping scalebane, and in a way, will be excelling in this by bringing back information on how to succeed. we need that information, and if one of our members is willing to bring that back, i say we don't treat her as a traitor.

-Bixin
miffymog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I want to clarify this I believe uncommon post was questioning the punishment of people leaving scalebane and then re-joining.

I hate to see this become, he said or she said. We all have our group of friends no doubt, I can vouch for many people in this guild. But that is not the underlying issue.

The issue I presume is people are upset how easily it is to leave scalebane and then re-join with very little punishment involved.

Imagine me, I join another guild like tg/sod (not like i could get in) with Miffymog but then I turn around to say, I would like to make my alt the new main in scalebane. I get denied, I get booted, I quit, whatever. But then I decide I will simply re-apply with my alt or 2nd main or whatever you want to call it. I get my full DKP back with 0 attendance but guess what only 3 people in my new class has above 50% attendance. Which means I will outgear everybody in my class who is not above 50%, while the other mages have been playing there main toon longer and due to real life, they dropped to 49%. Imagine me going to MC on my first return on my new main and lets say TOEP drops I have 150 dkp, 0 attendance. Mage number 4 has 130 dkp with 49% attendance. guess what If I bidded (not saying passion or any former scalebane members would bid) I would screw that mage out of the TOEP who might have been waiting for it to drop.

this goes for the same why we moved to a dkp system for ZG/AQ because it sucked having to run ZG a 100 times and someone who shows up once and wins the heart of hakkar or a skill book.

We need to be fair to the people who have stuck it out on the long haul for scalebane and I believe this is what most people are referring to when they complain about this subject.

Know don't get me wrong, I understand Passion has done many wonderful things for the guild, but ultimately she knew what she was going to get herself into. You main leaves, so does your all your alts. Trying to ask for a main transfer and expect it to happen in 2-3 days is not fair for the rest of the people who are still waiting. She understood this, so she re-applied.

She left, she reapplied, thats all in the past. I am more focus on how do we take care of the people who remain in scalebane and how do we develop a system to encourge people not to leave our guild and re-join so fast.
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Miffy, the *so fast* was because I was asked to. If we all concerned about the recent requests for switching mains, and members leaving, then try to decide why. I know many of us are just burnt out from MC. How we keep those members happy gamers and constantly regear other members is an issue for all members.

Keeping fairness for all gamers, is always difficult. There are members here who just sign up enough to keep their attendance at 50%..or signup at the last minute for raids, and for weeks havent been in an active raid. Is that fair to us who spend 10 hours a week actually killing mobs? No, but would be hard to force anyone to raid, although I agree you should need to actually raid..let someone whos attendance is high to sit out.

Read all the posts concerning members not showing up for raids, been going on a long time. When we started MC, we had 20 people in Scaleouts, now at Raid starts, you barely have 40. Until this is resolved, people will wander, play alts, sign in only enough to keep their attendance up.

Would any of you do Baron runs for 9 months? Maybe if a friend asked you, but I doubt you would do it week after week. Its why we all came to Scalebane to begin with, the chance to do an end game instance we didnt have the oppotunity to do before. New content!

Taking members back who sell their accounts, shard their epics, ninja loot, go against TOS and buy other accounts, maybe we are picking the wrong people. Mature players dont do these things. If you look at the *core* raiders we started with back in January, most are still here. Its many ( NOT ALL!!!!) of the new members who do not seem to be as consistant. Rl always comes first, or it should, but maybe we should look more carefully at our recruits or look at more switching mains, to keep the consistant raiders happy.

After doing AQ 40 and Naxx this week, Ive now done everything WOW has to offer, every instance, almost every quest with 6 lvl 60s, PVP to lvl 10, and if I got Neph's ass going soon she would have a Wintersaber mount, almost all professions maxed, many reps near completion.

Im here for the long haul, if Scalebane chooses to take me back. Ill be here in WOW for many months to come, as my friends are here. They are the most mature players Ive ever met, and the fact we go from game to game together shows the trust we have for each other. This is what I saw in Scalebane when we first arrived, and where it needs to get back to. With members like Miffy, Noelani and other non officers who post positive directions...Scalebane will find its way back.

If members are concerned about me leaving and then reapplying so soon, there are *positive* ways to post. Lately there are too many negative posts, and its really been disrupting the closeness of this guild. Time to mend the wounds, get on a positive track, get Scalebane going in the right direction. Help the officers, post postive suggestions, communicate!

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote

One question... The Resolute raid schedulae already conflicts with our tuesday raid, which to many is not a big deal. But say we finally added the 2nd BWL day and it would also conflict, which character/guild would get your priority?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Metha, unless Scalebane makes it a requirement...or a rule if you will...that you MUST attend a second bwl if implemented....then I do not see the relevance of this question...nor do I believe that Passion...or anybody else for that matter...should be required to answer it. Raids are scheduled...and people sign up...just as always...I'm sure Tryana or Aeval will do as she has always done...sign up for the raids she can make...and not sign up for the ones she can't. The main thing is...that she shows up for the ones she signed up for.

BlackLotus

Cuidichidh Fortan Na Curanta Slaightear "Fortune Assists The Daring Rogue"
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote

Nothing was posted in forums on time or day of another BWL raid. Assuming its the same time Tuesday, would never be an issue. Resolute raids Sun-Wed from 7-11, and ends promptly. And Scalebane rarely starts on time. Easy enough to accommodate.

As its a hypothetical question, would be hard for any members to answer, as it might conflict with them too. You have a new priest who withdrew from a raid this week, due to another raid. Does this mean he will be asked to leave?

And I believe there are other current members of Scalebane who clearly state they cannot raid on a specfic day. Are you asking me to choose now? If so I believe it should be but into the recruting application. Is it imperative, if I am accepted back into Scalebane to sign up for every raid? Does the reason matter?

Ok..so yes ...Im being sarcastic Smile just felt it an unfair question, as I would never applied had I thought I couldnt raid with Scalebane.

Last edited by Passion on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Blacklotus no one said anything about requirenments, be it about raiding or answering questions.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Passion wrote:
Ok..so yes ...Im being sarcastic Smile just felt it an unfair question, as I would never applied had I thought I couldnt raid with Scalebane.

I'm only asking you the same question you thought Angelgurl should've been asked when he applied with his mage to another guild. So how am I being unfair?

However if for some reason you now think it's unfair, or as Blaclotus puts it irrelevant then don't answer it, it's really that simple.

But personally I do find it relevant to know whether an applicant can attend our raids or not. And if your intention is to only raid with us when it doesn't interfere with Resolutes schedule then I think it would be nice to know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
hehe...posted rather than preview before I finished. I too have alts in other guilds. Question I had is alts can remain in Scalebane while posting to other guilds? But mains cannot? Doesnt say in the guild rules about applying Please clarify?

http://scalebane.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I reread the whole post you speak of Metha, and I must miss it about me questioning about Angel being able to raid with us. At the time I questioned the rule wether alts could apply to another guild vs main, as I was not clear there was a difference.

Its relevent to wether a person can raid, is obvious, but after the acceptance to Scalebane, it doesnt matter? Its not in me to lie, and say I'll be signing up for every raid..either here..or Resolute to be accepted back. My total DKP speaks for itself, as it's really the indicator of who showed up the most, as attendance is a variable based on 6 weeks.

Im really tired of trying to defend myself here and I thank those of you who came to my defense. I think I repeated enough times the situation I find myself in and how I got here. Im asking the officers to try and make a quick decision and let me get back to playing WOW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Blacklotus wrote:
Metha, unless Scalebane makes it a requirement...or a rule if you will...that you MUST attend a second bwl if implemented....then I do not see the relevance of this question...nor do I believe that Passion...or anybody else for that matter...should be required to answer it. Raids are scheduled...and people sign up...just as always...I'm sure Tryana or Aeval will do as she has always done...sign up for the raids she can make...and not sign up for the ones she can't. The main thing is...that she shows up for the ones she signed up for.

Both Members and Officers have every right to ask questions, but no right to demand answers. The question is as fair as any other, Blacklotus. Metha asked, not demanded. In return, she recieved scathing remarks.

Many things are taken into consideration when recruiting members, Blacklotus. Right now, Tryana is in the position of an applicant. Your defense is not helping her case. She must stand alone in this, as it is not her attachment to others, nor her history, that we're judging. The final decision will be a fair one.

I have much more to say on this matter, but I will restrict it to the Officer forums. If you would like to talk with me about this, please send me a PM, or see me in-game. I will not pollute this recruitment thread, and I request that you all follow suit. Stop the veiled-insults and sarcastic retorts. They benefit no one.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Evernite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Passion"]
Quote:
I think I repeated enough times the situation I find myself in and how I got here. Im asking the officers to try and make a quick decision and let me get back to playing WOW

Please try to remember that the officers arent the ones who've stuck you in the situation you currently find yourself in.
Uncommon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote

My comments, though they may have seemed against Passion, were NOT...

They were simply to point on the biggest loop hole....

I can leave, on my main.... and come back with an alt simple as that, forcing a main switch (which you say it isnt..but essentially, it is..)

You also mentioned that........you're applying to scalebane because someone asked you to? :/ --- (... leaves a bitter taste in my mouth wondering why you're not applying becuase YOU WANT to. but simply because someone asked)

Again- its nothing against you, but the situation unravelling at my fingertips, and sometimes- its hard to say what is wanting to be said and have it not seem like an 'attack'... but a question..

Either way, please don't take it personally, as it wasnt meant that way- i think any character, if they put themselves in that situation, would get the same questioning.

View next topic
View previous topic