· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 279 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Tryana

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote

I'm not speaking about a post Passion, I'm speaking about a conversation that took place in game.

And as for your comment about kicking ppl raiding with other guilds I would never support a rule like that, atleast not without clear specifications (and even then I'm not sure if it would be a good idea). But you are no longer in Scalebane you are an applicant from outside, so those two situations are not comparable imo. So the closest answer I can give to you about that is that if they had been up front from the start and told us that their priorities were to help other guilds progress then my vote for them would have been no.

And when I say priorities I'm not talking about a raid here and there I'm talking like ie Chibi (plz don't hang me if I chose the wrong lock I just remember it was one of those who left) who time and time again chose to raid with someone else locking himself out of our raids.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Again, I ask, she is recruited again? This is a no-brainer folks, do it, get it over with so this can all end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Metha - I answered your question. Would not be applying if I wasnt able to raid. And no Metha I am NOT currently a member of Scalebane, and this is but an application. I cant say what I said in a chat, so with no proof, cant address it.

Evernite - Ive stated numerous time I knew the consequences of my actions. Because of timing, I made a choice.

Uncommon - I was planning on reapplying to Scalebane either with Passion ( if not accepted into Resolute or another alt depending on Scalebanes need ) Again, I've stated before I never planned on leaving Scalebane, tried to work a solution on Monday. I reapplied earlier than I thought, again because Metha asked Mektu to consider switching, leaving Scalebane with not enough priests. I was told this was discussed in officers. Metha maybe you can clarify this? I could have said no and waited, but applied assuming I was going to be helping Scalebane, rather them try and recruit an unknown priest.

And I totally agree Uncommon, there are too many loopholes. Sometimes hard to close without affecting those who do not abuse them.

So ask the questions...and Ill answer them, as I feel I have in my posts. Im quite capable of defending my actions, as I seem to need to repeat them over and over.

Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote

I know others have already said this, but I wish you best regardless of the outcome. I have known you for a few years off and on since the first time I played SWG. Even then everyone knew you to be a great person and player. You are a great asset to any guild or circle of friends. Whatever the officers decide, I'm sure they have the best intentions for everyone involved. I look forward to playing along side you again.

-Soul
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Passion wrote:
I reapplied earlier than I thought, again because Metha asked Mektu to consider switching, leaving Scalebane with not enough priests. I was told this was discussed in officers. Metha maybe you can clarify this?

Letting Mektu switch leaving our priests short will not be supported by me. So exactly what is it that you want me to clarify?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Passion wrote:
Evernite - Ive stated numerous time I knew the consequences of my actions. Because of timing, I made a choice.

Yes, I admit you've stated it many times. However, in your posts, especially the last one I replied to, your statements imply that this is somehow our fault, which is why I constantly have to repeat myself.
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

I take full responsibility..whew..glad thats clear!

Metha, I was told you ok'd Mektus switch, and it was discussed in Officers. And if Mektu was allowed to switch, Tryanas name came up as an applicant.

So any more questions I can answer? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I have a question. When did this turn from an application to an inquisition? If it’s not, it sure looks that way.
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Passion wrote:
I take full responsibility..Smile

Metha, I was told you ok'd Mektus switch, and it was discussed in Officers. And if Mektu was allowed to switch, Tryanas name came up as an applicant.

I asked Mektu and Noel if they would be interested, and then I asked Calisa to look for priests. But Mektu and I have been told that if a qualified mage applies, before a proper replacement for him, there is a very big chance he will have to stay a priest.

Same thing would ofcourse go for Noel, but I'm not sure if she is even interested we only spoke about it briefly.

And please believe me when I say there is nothing personal about this. I am treating your application axactly as I would any others. If anyone applied here and said they have their main in another guild I would say no, and I can't say yes just because I know you, since that's not the way I work.

You say you are tired of defending yourself and I can understand that. Cause I too am tired of having to defend myself simply for not wanting to compromise just because I know you.

My opinions are not based on you as a person since I don't put that into concideration at all. And if anyone from Resolute contacted me about your application to their guild I would have nothing but good things to say.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to agree with yokan there. This is still just an application and I understand that people want to know the reasoning behind what is going on with this current situation. It seems that the public remarks generally tend to somehow insult people either intentionally or unintentionally. I think that if people want to find out more about this, they could just ask Passion in private or on vent or however you want to chat. There's no point in having an open debate when a simple 1on1 chat can clear all this up on a personal level.

Back to this application...I haven't been here for almost a month now, so I don't know how the attendance for raids have been going, ie too many mages/too many priests, etc. But if having Passion/Tryana/her billion alts can help the guild out, I don't see why we shouldn't rerecruit her.

If people think there should be some sort of penalty associated w/ Passion leaving/rejoining the guild with another character, this really isn't the place for it. Post bout it in the member forums or talk to an officer bout it...

I don't know Passion as long as some other people have in this game, but she's never done anything wrong/bad since she joined the guild in January. She's always been very helpful and courteous and all that good stuff. I definitely still want her to stay in this guild, since IMO it'd take a lot away from this guild. PEOPLE > loot, remember that!
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I asked Mektu and Noel if they would be interested, and then I asked Calisa to look for priests. But Mektu and I have been told that if a qualified mage applies, before a proper replacement for him, there is a very big chance he will have to stay a priest.

So, Calisa must of thought of Tryana as a *qualified priest* having approached the subject of switching mains some time ago. Icehole and Kimmiko are qualified Mages. Appears there is a solution in here somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote

I have taken the time to read everyone's post here even Blacklotus's which was a very sweet post and putting that aside.

This seems to be a suck up sober fest with people having friends in the guild/wanting her to "bring experience back"/allowing her to bring in an ALT when her MAIN left.

I will keep this very brief. If a MAIN leaves the guild why should we allow that SAME person's ALT to be in the guild. If they love the guild that much have that many friends why leave? To get experience? Sure!

If a MAIN is going to leave the alts shud all be kicked and not allowed to re-apply with an alt days after they left seems kinda bogus in my book. And the fact that she has many friends in here and such I can see this turning into a whole drama event. wait let me check.... It is straight drama already, lets abide by the recruitment rules here straight up and put all friendship matters what other crap people will bring in to the situation OUT

Peace Out

WHOODI / DWARFICHEALR

P.S. I have MUCH experience in FULL BWL CLEARS AND MOST OF AQ40 CAN I BRING MY EXPERIENCE!

EDITED BECAUSE I TALK ON VENT I CAN OFFER HELP!
Scarab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote

I haven't posted on this, but I have had private conversations with Calisa about this. No, I will not repost everything here. That's not fair. What my conversations with Calisa have given me is the ability to sort out the real problem(s) that I have with this. Some are specific to Passion (maybe), and some are specific to loot rules and DKP.

So, here's all I ask --- if you read nothing else in this post, read this paragraph --- A disclaimer if you will --- I am going to say what's on my mind. I will do it respectfully, and I will do more than my best to avoid anything personal or irrelavant. Please give me the benefit of the doubt before simply flaming and ask for clarification first. Any offense taken to this post is more than likely a misunderstanding.

PEOPLE > LOOT

That little blurb is used a lot. But, I think everyone needs to really think about what that means. If I had to choose between getting loot and playing this game with people that I like, and in this guild, I would choose people every time. What good is loot if you can't enjoy the people you hang out with to get it? However, when someone gets upset, because something doesn't drop....or they disagree that so-and-so got something before they did.....that's not saying they don't agree with "People > Loot".

Guys, let's face it. Loot is a part of this game. Aside from bragging rights, and the satisfaction of reaching a goal, loot is the only thing we have to reward our accomplishments. In fact, it's the only material thing we have. Loot is a sign of experience - a badge of progression.

So, I think to say that Passion doesn't believe in "People > Loot" is wrong. You would have to create a different equation for her...."Exploring WoW Content > People > Loot" would more appropriately describe her situation, in my opinion. This is not a stab at Passion. She pays her $15/month just like the rest of us. She should want to get all she can out of Blizzard. Let's face it, we all do, right? Is there really anyone here that wouldn't want to raid Naxx on Friday? Didn't think so.

I don't like our loot system. I am going to post about it the member forums for a healthy discussion. To explain why here would be inappropriate. Suffice to say, my dislike for the current loot system has some bearing on why I wouldn't want to see Tryana here. Is this fair to Tryana? No! Is this fair to a guild that has a hard time with healing in 40-man instances? Not at all! I know this. I'm not a selfish person, and after you read my member forums post, you'll better understand what I mean.

Passion, I'm having a hard time getting past the fact that Tryana is an alt. Yes, in Scalebane, Tryana will be considered your main, but we all know the big picture. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that you'd be reaping the benefits and exposing (notice I didn't say exploiting) a loophole in our loot system. I realize that this isn't your fault. I just know that I wouldn't help but feel a little bit slighted if something dropped that I've been waiting for, for a long time, and you got it ahead of me as a new priest. This isn't because I'm a loot whore. It's because I know it's benefitting the character that you don't care about first and foremost; whereas it would mine.

You're a great person. You're a great player. You're reliable! You're a known! All of those things should have you recruited into Scalebane in a second. My reasons are largely selfish and should definitely not be the basis behind whether or not you're recruited.
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Whoodi wrote:
If a MAIN leaves the guild why should we allow that SAME person's ALT to be in the guild. If they love the guild that much have that many friends why leave? To get experience? Sure!

If a MAIN is going to leave the alts shud all be kicked and not allowed to re-apply with an alt days after they left seems kinda bogus in my book. And the fact that she has many friends in here and such I can see this turning into a whole drama event. wait let me check.... It is straight drama already, lets abide by the recruitment rules here straight up and put all friendship matters what other crap people will bring in to the situation OUT!

Please use the Members forum to talk about any ideas for policy changes. This goes for others in this thread & other threads as well. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Yokan wrote:
I have a question. When did this turn from an application to an inquisition? If it’s not, it sure looks that way.

No one said it was inquisition ~ but if the tables were turned and I had done the same thing as what Passion has done ~ I'd expect ppl to be hard ass and have questions and concerns on situation whether or not I was consistant raider or the kind of person I am...

You have to look at it all directions here and what kind of msg we will be sending out ~ like Uncommon and Miffy both posted earlier -- Soon ppl will do the same thing if they cant get their way w/main switching they'll just /gquit and reapply on the toon they were trying to switch too.. just cuz they couldnt get right away answer that second..

Sorry I have nothing personal against Passion just ppl are voicing concerns here on what kind of msg we will be sending out.. Try and look at it from our perspective then constantly talking about yourself as what kind of person you are or how we perceive you to be...

We all know you are good person and consistant raider and all... I trust the officers will make the right decision on this...

View next topic
View previous topic