· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 278 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Fallout 3

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote

Which platform and why?

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote

I'm leaning toward PS3 or MAYBE PC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quote

You already know what I'm going to say.
Krayten
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote

PC! because I can't afford a PS3

Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure. If I get it for PS3, it's because I feel bad about not having anything else for the system.

I doubt I'll get it for the PC. I really need to upgrade my system but I don't have the money atm. Thanks mainly to the PS3 lawl.

Are there benefits to having it for the PS3 over the Xbox?

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Soularmor
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Heim wrote:
Are there benefits to having a PS3 over the Xbox?

Better paper weight?

Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Durkheim wrote:

Are there benefits to having it for the PS3 over the Xbox?

There MIGHT be. But we won't really know until the game comes out. Typically the largest potential benefit (in my eyes) is that a BD will accommodate larger textures than DVDs. Normally online play is the biggest factor for me, but in this case, there isn't any.

So it really will come down to how the graphics look on each machine, and any exclusive DLC.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote

Soularmor wrote:
Heim wrote:
Are there benefits to having a PS3 over the Xbox?

Better paper weight?

Actually, when you quote someone, you usually use the words that, you know, they actually said.

And I quite like my Metal Gear Machine.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Soularmor
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Heim wrote:
Actually, when you quote someone, you usually use the words that, you know, they actually said.

O rly? My mistake.... I quoted what I thought you meant not said. I apologize. Smile I would play MG also as I've been a fan of the franchise since the good ol' NES.

Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Exclamation

Edit:

It's like a mobile Armory. Anyone that has an iPhone or iPod touch should check it out. It's free in the App Store. Very neat for the person that needs to know that stuff.... somewhere other than at a comp... I guess.... sorta. Anways... it's neato.

Even if you are using and iPod Touch (like me.), you only need to stay within your WiFi / Wireless connection for the initial character to be uploaded into device. Save the character data and it'll always be on hand and once you get into service again, simply click on the character you wish to update and it will. Very cool. Sorry to place in this thread and not a separate one.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Winner: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=336840

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote

Having been harassed into giving Fallout 3 another shot by Tullen, I thought I'd raise this thread from the grave to detail my experience.

Thus far, I've committed the following horrendous acts:

-Slaughtered almost everyone in Vault 101 during the tutorial stage of the game. This includes knocking Amata "unconscious" with several bullets to the chest after killing her father. Sadly, it didn't take and she returned to bitch at me at the vault doorway.

-Killed the woman who owed the bar owner caps before even entering Megaton, took everything on her and looted the house down to the last tin can.

-Blackmailed the local Megaton diner owner into selling me narcotics, which I then used to boost my abilities and connect a detonator to the atomic bomb in the middle of the town.

-Trekked over to Tenpenny Tower, killing some bandits along the way (yay having ammo from the assholes I killed in the vault), and then watched as Megaton was obliterated from the penthouse balcony.

-Bought awesome Nuka Cola machine for my penthouse suite, stashed my outfits I'd been collecting in the closet, and had my robot butler tell me a joke before heading off to accept a quest to kill a group of ghouls that the rich people don't like.

-Decided to put the ghoul quest on hold and see the next chunk of the main storyline. While heading to GNR, I went way far down the bank near super mutant territory and found a pier where a woman was selling stuff. I killed her and stole everything. Some nearby ghouls as well once they had their backs turned. There was an asshole kid who bitched at me, but the game wouldn't let me end his existence.

-Killed some Megaton survivors lurking near a supermarket. I need to go back and loot that place clean.

-Upon reaching GNR the correct way (through the subway tunnel) I looted every single corpse and painstakingly sold all the weapons to vendors in Tenpenny tower, keeping one of each, and then using the caps to buy tons of ammo from the head of security. At this point, I'm a walking arsenal, complete with two pistols, laser gun, shotgun, assault rifle, flamethrower, lead pipe, BB gun, and miniature tactical nuke launcher. Oh, and I have a few grenades left. I need to get more of those.

I'm looking forward to continuing my journey across the wastelands.

Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Sheesh Konata.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote

Konata wrote:
Having been harassed into giving Fallout 3 another shot by Tullen, I thought I'd raise this thread from the grave to detail my experience.

Thus far, I've committed the following horrendous acts:

-Slaughtered almost everyone in Vault 101 during the tutorial stage of the game. This includes knocking Amata "unconscious" with several bullets to the chest after killing her father. Sadly, it didn't take and she returned to bitch at me at the vault doorway.

-Killed the woman who owed the bar owner caps before even entering Megaton, took everything on her and looted the house down to the last tin can.

-Blackmailed the local Megaton diner owner into selling me narcotics, which I then used to boost my abilities and connect a detonator to the atomic bomb in the middle of the town.

-Trekked over to Tenpenny Tower, killing some bandits along the way (yay having ammo from the assholes I killed in the vault), and then watched as Megaton was obliterated from the penthouse balcony.

-Bought awesome Nuka Cola machine for my penthouse suite, stashed my outfits I'd been collecting in the closet, and had my robot butler tell me a joke before heading off to accept a quest to kill a group of ghouls that the rich people don't like.

-Decided to put the ghoul quest on hold and see the next chunk of the main storyline. While heading to GNR, I went way far down the bank near super mutant territory and found a pier where a woman was selling stuff. I killed her and stole everything. Some nearby ghouls as well once they had their backs turned. There was an asshole kid who bitched at me, but the game wouldn't let me end his existence.

-Killed some Megaton survivors lurking near a supermarket. I need to go back and loot that place clean.

-Upon reaching GNR the correct way (through the subway tunnel) I looted every single corpse and painstakingly sold all the weapons to vendors in Tenpenny tower, keeping one of each, and then using the caps to buy tons of ammo from the head of security. At this point, I'm a walking arsenal, complete with two pistols, laser gun, shotgun, assault rifle, flamethrower, lead pipe, BB gun, and miniature tactical nuke launcher. Oh, and I have a few grenades left. I need to get more of those.

I'm looking forward to continuing my journey across the wastelands.

My friend blew up Megaton and then proceeded to systematically stealthkill everyone in Tenpenny Tower and Stashed all their heads inside the potted plants. He left a certain amusing old man alone because he is cool.

I think you two should meet.

EDIT: Oh yes. Continuing his story of Tenpenny Tower, prior to killing everyone inside, He played a little game of golf using the Guy who gives the blow-up-megaton quest as the ball and a giant stash of mines as the Driver. Then he reloaded and did it again...and again....and again....and again...He never got a hole in one. Then he went online and watched the video of someone else doing the same thing...over...and over...and over...

I pretend you all exist.
Brunhylda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote

the silverware. steal the silverware

View next topic
View previous topic