· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 278 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Some EQ2 Screenshots:P

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote

This is my "Gnome" paladin!

and thats at low graphic settings..Razz

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote

I actually tried EQ2 over my small break from WoW... the problem I had with it was that it was a lot like WoW, only clunkier. It did a lot of the same things, but for some reason they felt like one rung down the ladder. I will admit the tradeskilling system looked promising though, and if I had played for a long time I probably would have had a fun time working through it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote

They made some mass changes over the last month to this game. Really took away the clunkyness:P. cause I played it several months ago. and it sucked really bad. Now its fun as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

Blizzard Eat ur Heart out!

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote

They better do something, they're already merging servers.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote

The second picture actually look really good Very Happy

But had I looked at this thread when there was only the first post, I would've thought you posted it to make fun of the game :s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Their merging servers, because the game is about 3x the size of wow. and their servers can handle 10x the ammount of wow

Thus the world was Underpopulated with the same ammount of people per server as wow. so they are putting more people per server

Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote

The EQ2 team knows what mistakes they made in EQ.

Blizzard has no MMO background, comming from a great line of RTS games.

These are the two major differences between the two games.

Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Fedolas wrote:
The EQ2 team knows what mistakes they made in EQ.

Blizzard has no MMO background, comming from a great line of RTS games.

These are the two major differences between the two games.

Don't forget SWG and Planetside =P

Regarding Metha's post saying the first picture looks like he's making fun of the game. Part of the problem with realistic looking character models, the more real they make them look, the more they look like living corpses. Which is part of the reason you see so many zombies in current first time shooters (well that and it's fun to kill zombies).

Regarding the server merge... It just sounds like more typical Sony PR spin to me (I played EQ for three years). Everquest 1 (EQLIVE) is WAY bigger than EQ2 and they didn't start merging servers until people started noticibly leaving. That combined with major game mechanics change? I guess I just have a hard time taking SoE's word on things.

Don't get me wrong Scribe, I loved Everquest, played it for several years and I'm sure EQ2 is a great game. But as much complaints as they may get, I find Blizzards customer service and business model and they way they treat their customers in general FAR better than Sony. That and I didn't want to play another game where PvP was added as an after thought. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote

heh, from talking to the General public in EQ2. Basically what SOE did was take away the really crappy parts of the game about a month ago on LU19. But of course alot of people considered it a problem because they felt they dumbed the game down..

Basically how you would feel if they suddendlty after taking 3 months to Aquire a legendary item and blizz made it a World drop:P.

But you get the idea.

So alot of people left.

Now on the other hand. Something I've noticed since I started. Their has never been a shortage of new players on the island. at least 10-20 at all times asking questions in the 1-9 chat channels.

And thats steady. about 10 out of those 20 make it to the lvl 10 bracket.
the rest are never heard from again!Razz

On the pvp side note. Yes I agree I dont like that they added pvp as a afterthought but I dont wanna play EQ for pvp. I will come back to wow when the expansion comes out so I can pvp again..

I just wanna level for the hell of it.

On the other hand. On their coming pvp servers. Their is no safe zones outside of cities. (In other words) once you leave the island you start on at lvl 10.. your in contested zones.

Yes I know SOE isnt blizzard. But they did make a great looking game. and since I played it 6 months ago, It has made great leaps and bounds in the quality of the game. Whereas blizzard. has slowly done nothing but go downhill.

I dont dislike blizzard. I just hate the fact that they lied. and did exzactly what they said they woulnt do.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Tullen"]
Fedolas wrote:
Regarding Metha's post saying the first picture looks like he's making fun of the game. Part of the problem with realistic looking character models, the more real they make them look, the more they look like living corpses. Which is part of the reason you see so many zombies in current first time shooters (well that and it's fun to kill zombies).

It wasn't just the char, the entire picture reminded me of a bryce nightmare, with bad rendering and bad bad textures. Even if the char had looked absolutely amazing, the scenery is not up to the lvl where I would even call it amateurish.

I would never have guessed those two pictures was from the same game, cause in the second one pretty much everything looks really great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Metha"]
Tullen wrote:
Fedolas wrote:

It wasn't just the char, the entire picture reminded me of a bryce nightmare, with bad rendering and bad bad textures. Even if the char had looked absolutely amazing, the scenery is not up to the lvl where I would even call it amateurish.

I would never have guessed those two pictures was from the same game, cause in the second one pretty much everything looks really great.

Mostly cause I had the graphics settings way down:P for the first picture.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

I don't think it looks that great... the armor looks like styrofoam and the gauntlets look like oven mitts.

The shoulders are nice and well done as well as the front (and just the front of the boots). Thats about it...

Myrddrin: 60 ArchGNOME (Fire Mage) 102FR
spyte
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote

i played eq2, it was like playing eq1 all over again, i dint really like it too much. i liked ffxi alot more than eq2.

View next topic
View previous topic