· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 232 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Some EQ2 Screenshots:P

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Myrddrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote

This is the current Penny Arcade Comic, and somehow QUITE apropriate for this thread Wink

Myrddrin: 60 ArchGNOME (Fire Mage) 102FR
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Myrddrin wrote:
This is the current Penny Arcade Comic, and somehow QUITE apropriate for this thread Wink

can we get a Link?

Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Eh, he said it's todays comic =P

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Oh and good call on the oven mitts Myr! I lol'd. Laughing

Also Gabe had the following to say about EQ2's graphics:

Gabe from Penny Arcade wrote:

I figured since it was free I’d give EQ II a shot yesterday. Tycho’s right about my take on the game. I found it nearly impossible to get past the visuals. The entire game looks like it was made using Poser and Bryce 3D. Actually some of that Poser art looks better than the shit I saw in EQ. It feels like it was all put together by computers and algorithms rather than artists. It is a world designed by math rather than imagination. There is no evidence of style in any of the characters or environments I saw. We were all talking about the game yesterday and the best word we could come up with to describe it was “sterile”. It is completely without life. There is no love or care given to any piece of it. The entire thing was made by robots in a vacuum.

I know there must be artists working at SOE. The only thing I can think of is that they are simply cogs in some corporate machine. They must be given no freedom at all. In fact after looking at the game I wouldn’t be surprised if they are beaten daily. Their spirits have been broken. The troll models specifically may even be some kind of internal attempt to destroy the game and strike a blow against their corporate masters.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Sterile, Lifeless, and lacking in style. Gabe was dead on. I was looking for perfect words to describe those pictures, but all I could think was 'WoW looks 10x better, but has 10x less polygons.' There is no "art" in EQ2.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote

Who is Gabe?? lol I LOVE him Very Happy

Anyways I did download the trial yesterday too, and while i still think it looks somewhat like a bryce nightmare, there realy is some great stuff in the game.

I like how when I wanted to change the graphics settings, I didn't just have to chose between high, medium and low. There is a ton of settings I could play arround with. Like water settings, under water settings, character graphics and other different environmental graphics. And creating the char itself reminds a whole lot like Sims2.

However the starter island itself did not impress me at all, and while I did meet alot of nice ppl who assured me that al the fun stuff was off the island, and that it realy is a great game.... Well I think the developers should've thought about that before they limited the trial to the island only...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote

sadly I had more fun on the island than the outside the game..

I gotta face it.. im a blizzkid!Razz a wow addict!. I just hate raiding!
So im gonna omit it from my play time:P

Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quote

That's fine man =) Raiding isn't mandatory for Scalebane, but it's always there if you feel like it, I always prefer handling things like attendance through DKP.

Miss ya on vent, you ever consider getting outta STV and doing some BG PvP? I know Durk and Fed are looking for people.

View next topic
View previous topic