· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 249 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - LucasArts Clasics Month

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is now on Steam. It is absurd that all they are asking for it is $9.99 considering how incredible both the game itself is, and how much love and effort were put into the reworking of it. If you've never played this game before, please, take this chance to enjoy one of the greatest adventure games ever made. I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quote

Just finished the first chunk of the game, and it's absolutely amazing what they've done with it. All the voices and music are great, and the visual overhaul is at a level you'd expect from a $50 retail game. I can't recommend it enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote

im with Konata on that one, first thing i did when we came home from FLorida last night was to open steam and download the game. Woot just started it now...(also brewing Grog in the kitchen, dosnt smell nice)

oh and durkk
Quote:
MANIAC MANSION DAY OF THE TENTACLE PLXZ
im totally with you on that one, even the first one of them, I remember I had that on my Commadore 64. Good ol days!
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded it right before going to work this morning. Can't wait to see how they did remaking it.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 am Reply with quote

So, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is now available as an iPhone app at the link below for $7.99.

HOWEVER, at the moment people are reporting some very bad controls for it being an iPhone game. It appears to be a straight port of the PC/XBLA version, where you have to drag the cursor with your finger and then tap the cursor to click on things. To make matters worse, you have to do it slowly, because it seems to drop the cursor a lot if you do it quickly. As much as I want to buy it, you should be able to tap the screen to go there or pick up something. Being forced to use a secondary cursor is just a shoddy port. As much as I love the series, I've already bought it once; I won't support that. Hopefully they'll pick up the criticism and an update will change things. If they do, I'll buy it then.

iTunes Direct Link

Edit: As a side note, ScummVM already does it the way I'd like to see it happen. If they don't fix it I'll be very tempted to jailbreak my phone. The compatability on the iPhone version of ScummVM just got very good recently.

View next topic
View previous topic