· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 249 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Mass Effect 2, Transferring Characters

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote

To those uninformed, here are some details on the way the second game is going to handle transfers and new characters. Some ME spoilers likely follow.

For transferring a character, all you need is a final game save. Details like appearance and class are changeable right at the start of ME2 with no side effects. I'm hoping they put new hairstyles into the game.

Story-line wise, many of your choices in the first game are carrying over. Bioware has told us of a few, but many are being kept secret. In fact, some choices aren't supposed to kick in until the third game.

To give a small list of some of the choices that carried over:

Your actions with Conrad Verner (adoring fan)
The fate of the council
Deaths of old squad mates (Kaiden/Ashley, Wrex)
Love interests

There are also some elements of your character in the first game that will have some minor effects on your character in the second. For example, if you finished the last game at capped credits or nearly capped credits, you will start with a bit more money than a fresh character. If your character was level 40, 50, or 60, you get a small exp boost.

New characters in ME 2 are dealt with in two ways. To start, Bioware has kind of selected some choices themselves and picked them as "canon." I think letting the council die is one of those canon choices. However, some choices will be selected by the player early in the game. You will be quizzed early in the game to test your memory (no spoilers), and the way you reply to those questions will write your history.

On a humorous note, apparently even if you've transferred your character over, you will still be quizzed. If you reply incorrectly, however, your questioner catches you on it.

I think that mostly covers it. Now, to those of you who have an Xbox save and want to buy the game for the PC.

http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

That is a website that has several save files for every different type of Shepard. Recall that appearance and class do not matter.

It's not a great fix, but if you do decide to make the system change (as some of you are interested in doing), your character will be somewhat more in line with your Xbox character.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
zeda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote

Go buy this game. The combat is great . *spoiler removed*

EDIT BY TULLEN: Don't post spoilers, d-bag.
Brunhylda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote

rofl
Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote

I hope you actually bought the game and were one of the lucky few who got it legitimately before the release date.

Because the game comes out tomorrow.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
zeda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 am Reply with quote

zeda wrote:
Go buy this game. The combat is great . *spoiler removed*

EDIT BY TULLEN: Don't post spoilers, d-bag.

pfff he did in the first 5 min of the game. not really a spoiler if it happens when you turn the game on.
zeda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote

Durkheim wrote:
I hope you actually bought the game and were one of the lucky few who got it legitimately before the release date.

Because the game comes out tomorrow.

Got it yesterday from walmart=p

View next topic
View previous topic