· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 219 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Useful Things many WoW players do not know

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I stole this from one of the forums. Some may find it handy. I found out a few things myself...

Shift-Clicking & Chat

-Shift clicking a player''s name in the chat box will tell you the player''s; Name, Level, Guild, and zone. (left click)

-Shift + Right-click to loot everything on a corpse. (Also works with tradeskills and chests)

-Hold down Shift and left-click an item in your inventory to link it in chat

-To separate stacked items hold shift and right click the item.

-Shift + B will open all of your bags at once.

-Shift click an item sold by a vendor to buy multiples of the item.

-With the chat line open, you can press alt+uparrow (or downarrow) and it scrolls through your messages.

-If you hit ''tab'' when you have the ''whisper'' chat box open, it cycles through people who have whispered you.
----------
Raids/Groups

-Step 1: Open the Raid tab while in a Raid. You can press ''O'' and click the Raid tab to do this.

Step 2: Click on a Group number and drag the mouse icon out of the Raid window. You should get a small list of everyone in the group, including Health and Mana/Rage/Energy bars, that looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/lists.jpg

You can drag these lists around with the mouse. You can also drag out a Class type from the Raid window and get just a list of the Raid members of that class. Very useful as it gives, for example, a priest a list of all the Warriors.

You can also drag out just one player for a small window with just their Health and Mana/Rage/Energy.

This is a built-in feature, and requires no addons.

-Typing /ra is the same as /raid, just fast.

-When looking for a class to fill a spot in an instance you can type; /who <class> <level (a-b)> <Zone> <Race> <Guild>. (Not all are needed, pick and choose.) Example: /who c-"Priest" r-"Dwarf" Ironforge 1-60

-Right clicking a player’s name allows you to invite them, or send them a tell. (in the chat box)

-If you can''t Hearth from an instance & there are no Mages to teleport you, just leave the group & you''ll have less than a minute before you are auto-Hearthed.
---------
Macros

-Type /cast <insert spell> to make a macro cast a spell. (rank not needed) Shift-clicking the spell from the spellbook will work as well.
-------
Other

-%N will say the name of your target. (ex: You have Bob targeted, you type ''%n is cool!'', it will show as ''Bob is cool!'') Useful for macros* (%t works as well)

-The ''/'' key on the numpad will toggle walking and running.

-Num Lock is auto run.

-Ctrl + R Shows FPS.

-Right clicking buffs will take them away.

-You can simply press "R" button to reply somebody.

-To join a chat channel from another zone, On your chat log, if you right click on "General" you will see a list of commands. Click on "Join New Channel" and type in the channel you wanted to join. e.g. "general - ironforge" or "lookingforgroup - ironforge" will allow you to join that particular channels. But make sure you leave the channel before entering IronForge, its bugged.

--------
Classes and PvP

-Warriors Berzerker Rage provides immunity to Fear and Gouge/Sap and breaks them.

-Mages should cast counterspell on warriors to put them in combat and prevent a charge.

-Druids count as beasts while shapeshifted.

-Druids can deshift under fear, but it will not break it.

-Druids can not use any items while shapeshifted, take to any NPCs, or open any chests.

-Pressing PickPocket twice allows you to loot everything on a successful PickPocket

-Shamans are immune to Sap while in Ghostwolf form.

-In Alterac Valley, you do not lose durability to any form of death including when you die to MOBS.

-When you go afk in a battleground you get teleported back to the BG entrance... So you can use "/afk" to leave a BG at any time you want, including in the middle of fights.

Last edited by Calisa on Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Releih
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Wow, this is cool Cal. However I don''t suggest people use the Shift-Rt Click option to loot all items when in a group.....you might end up ninjaing something by mistake....ie when everyone has passed on an item and it is being decisioned as to who gets...there may still be loot stuff on the corpse you can have but you DON"T want to pick up that "special" item by mistake...

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote

However the shift loot is essential if u want to get any quest items off the horde in AV....everyone is fighting for them so u gotta do it fast. Ive even had a few peeps ride by after i soloed a horde, out in the middle of no where in av and jump off to loot all my corpse items lol ohh i was mad.
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Releih wrote:
Wow, this is cool Cal. However I don''t suggest people use the Shift-Rt Click option to loot all items when in a group.....you might end up ninjaing something by mistake....ie when everyone has passed on an item and it is being decisioned as to who gets...there may still be loot stuff on the corpse you can have but you DON"T want to pick up that "special" item by mistake...

Ya but that''s not that big a deal cause even if you use shift-click loot, the only thing it picks up are boe items. It always warns you(providing you don''t have a mod that prevents this) before looting bop items. And if you pick up a boe item in a raid you can just give it to the rightful player.
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Can someone without my pack do me a favor and confirm if Shift-Clicking a name in the chat window really does a "Who" on them now? If it''s built in now I can get rid of WhoTip and Sea from my compilation, and less memory use is always good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Cyria wrote:
Can someone without my pack do me a favor and confirm if Shift-Clicking a name in the chat window really does a "Who" on them now? If it''s built in now I can get rid of WhoTip and Sea from my compilation, and less memory use is always good. Very Happy

I can confirm that, I do it all the time.

View next topic
View previous topic