· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 388 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - App

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
CaptanPlanet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote

====Guild Application====

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class? CaptanPlanet 60 Hunter

2. What is your age? 18

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.
Scalebane, i was gkicked for ninja looting, explicit details are listed in the members thread under my name

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane, and if so, who? angelgurl, blacklotus, most of the hunters hopefully Smile

5. Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) As well as a couple UI Mods required for raiding? (CT_Raid, etc.)
i have all the programs

6. Are you willing to raid late at night? (11PM EST - 3AM EST)
yes

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like? Do you have any tier 1/tier 2 armor? What is your unbuffed fire resist? i have my hunter staff and bow, 108 unbuffed fr

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have? everything up to razorgore

9. What do you enjoy most about playing the game? There is no right answer here, so don''t sweat it =)? pvp

10. What made you want to apply to Scalebane? my friend angelgurl recommended the guild

11. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain? yes i ninja'd pally shoulders from a baron run; the ordeal is explained in the members section which will be bumped

12. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We''re first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)
freshman in college, looking forward to expansion
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for applying, your application is under review.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote

Dude, you still ninja'd items intentionally to get back at a PuG. And, it wasn't even stuff you could use. It was plate.

angelgurl wrote:
bump;
mediators have talked with the person captanplanet ninja'd from and he agrees to forgive and forget the incident if captanplanet is willing to make a public apology

I still say no. In fact, in the world of video games with 15 year olds who just flame people for effect and drama, a "public apology" can only bring negative attention to an unfortunate situation.
Greatdark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quote

then i guess its a good thing your not an officer, mind your own damn business scarab. captanplanet was pissed off cause he got stuck in a shitty group.... hes sorry hes been dying to get back into scalebane since the day he left. its up to the officers to decide whether he can get back in

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote

angelgurl wrote:
then i guess its a good thing your not an officer, mind your own damn business scarab. captanplanet was pissed off cause he got stuck in a shitty group.... hes sorry hes been dying to get back into scalebane since the day he left. its up to the officers to decide whether he can get back in

A guild isn't a guild without people. Remember that, Angelgurl. You tell me to mind my own business? Guess what? This IS my business. It's everyone's business.

This is a game where forward progression relies on cooperation. Blizzard even proved to us, using the Silithus AQ Event, that such cooperation could even cross factions. You never know when reputation can play a part. Forgive me if I don't want to be associated with someone that's been known for ruining someone else's game...just because he was "pissed off cause he got stuck in a shitty group" as you put it.

More importantly, it's just someone I would rather not play the game with. He's shown what he's capable of when things don't go his way, and it was rather unsavory.

I appreciate that this is your friend, but I was stating my opinion. Like it or not, it's my opinion. You have to live with that. Likewise, you're entitled to your own. Keep in mind here that I was the better person and chose not to belittle and disrespect you.
Kolonus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

Captain, is a good guy. He made one stupid mistake and hes made up for it. He worked everything with the people that were invloved. I think we should invite him back into the guild and give him a second chance. We arent perfect ourselves, and do make mistakes from time to time and have to make up for those mistakes. Invite him back.
Kruchev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Even if you disregard the unfortunate "incident" we are currently full on raiding hunters.
miffymog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Kruchev wrote:
Even if you disregard the unfortunate "incident" we are currently full on raiding hunters.

Bottomline this is what it comes down to regardless if the person deserves another chance or not.

The major question is do we have an open slot. Kruchev as Hunter class leader would know best.

PS Lets stop with the insults. Its really silly.
Raunwynn
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote

angelgurl is captanplanet's friend.
i dont think he is attacking scarab out of malice.
this is something we are discussing in officer right now.
there are people in the guild that want to be merciful.
there are people in the guild who feel that readmitting captanplanet would sully our guild's name.
this is a big deal, it is going to take a little more time.
guild leadership has strong feelings on both sides.

Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

i dont think refusing admittance based on current hunter population is a good way to decide this issue.
it does not address the real problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Raunwynn wrote:
i dont think refusing admittance based on current hunter population is a good way to decide this issue.
it does not address the real problem.

wTF i thought you /gquit!!!!!!!!

i agree but i do think our class leaders should have a little more say on who is recruited. The last thing we want is 15 hunters thinking they all can go to 40 man raids with 5 slots open. I am looking at this as 1 of many reasons to recruit people.
Kruchev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

We have alwyas used open class slots in the recruitment process. We recently recruited 2 new hunters. We are looking good WRT that. That being said, I agree, Raunwynn, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Scalebane to make a strong statement with this about loot ninja-ing at the same time.
Noelani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:46 pm Reply with quote

angelgurl wrote:
captanplanet was pissed off cause he got stuck in a shitty group.... hes sorry hes been dying to get back into scalebane since the day he left.

You are right Angelgurl it is up to Officers to decide...

but still doesnt change the fact you said he was pissed off cause he got stuck in a shitty group doesn't give anyone the right ninja loot ~ Cuz we've all have had our share of crappy pug groups... I've had my share of crappy pug groups I still don't go and ninja loot stuff just cuz I'm pissed off and frustrated.

Kolonus wrote:
Captain, is a good guy. He made one stupid mistake and hes made up for it. He worked everything with the people that were invloved. I think we should invite him back into the guild and give him a second chance. We arent perfect ourselves, and do make mistakes from time to time and have to make up for those mistakes. Invite him back.

Yes ppl do make mistakes but this wasn't a mistake ~ he admitted why he did it because of it being shitty group -- I can see if he accidently hit need on a item and wasn't paying attention then ya it was careless mistake that we all do sometime in our WoW life.. but this case it wasn't even like that...

Sorry I know he's friends w/some of you here.. but we need to put those feelings aside and look at why he got kicked out of the guild in the first place...thats the big issue here..

Either way it goes I trust our officers will make the right decision here...
Greatdark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I've been around Scalebane for a full year now, and I have seen many people come and go. I do not think that "a 'public apology' can only bring negative attention to an unfortunate situation." I think that is totaly rediculous. You are telling me that someone who is truely sorry for what they did should not express his regret, and instead should just turn his back on all the friends he made? You say that "A guild isn't a guild without people" and I completely agree, I see an apology take a lot more character than just applying for another guild, or just forgetting the whole incident together. I feel that Captanplanet losing all of his attendance is enough punishment already. I was not taking a shot at you, I just see you disrespecting my friend, and refusing to even think of giving him another shot, especially since this event was not nearly as detrimental as you put it to be.

I completely agree that his decision is wrong, and Captan completely sees that too. A mistake is defined as - "an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc." He did all of those, and is getting crucified for it. I just hope that the officers can be forgiving as I have seen in the past, and make the right decision as you say Noelani.[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quote

angelgurl wrote:
I was not taking a shot at you, I just see you disrespecting my friend, and refusing to even think of giving him another shot, especially since this event was not nearly as detrimental as you put it to be.

Looking back on my reply to CaptanPlanet's application, I don't see any disrespect there. I didn't attack him. I didn't insult him. I merely expressed my opinion of his calculated actions. You just didn't like what I had to say so you automatically seen it as disrespect and got defensive.

angelgurl wrote:
I do not think that "a 'public apology' can only bring negative attention to an unfortunate situation." I think that is totaly rediculous. You are telling me that someone who is truely sorry for what they did should not express his regret, and instead should just turn his back on all the friends he made?

As a test, go post on the realm forums a fake apology about something. Use a character that's not in Scalebane. See how much you get flamed by people that don't even know you or the situation. A portion of my old guild's breakup drama was posted on the realm forums, and it wasn't pretty - mainly because of the drama whores just looking to stir the pot. I'm not saying that you shouldn't express remorse or regret for mistakes. Just consider the audience. At any rate, I think you misunderstand. I'm saying that it doesn't need to go as far as a public apology. Here's what I think people will read from a public apology:

Scalebane member ninja loots.
Scalebane gkicks.
Ninja looter back in Scalebane.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the mostly-prepubescent forums crowd, but I've been in the center of a forums flame fest enough to know that this isn't the best idea.

At any rate, my final comment is that I always defer to our officers' best judgement.

View next topic
View previous topic