· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 157 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Loralae - Arms Warrior

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quote

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

Loralae - 80 Arms Warrior
- or -
Lorilai - 80 Arcane/Fire Mage

2. What is your age?

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.

Originally on Azgalor; I was in <Noobodontists>, <Eclipse>, and <Virtual Dragon Slayers>

Switched to Darkspear to join <Intrepid>; I raided ICC 25m from February til April with them; Cleared up to 8/12 Heroic 25m; Was with them for their server first LK 25m Kill

Switched to Eredar to join <Months Behind>; I cleared 11/12 Heroic 25m with them before switching alliance and joining <Harmless> and not raiding Very Happy

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them? (Family, real life friend, etc.)

Katiar/Nakata - My super nerdy boyfriend <3

5. What best describes you now that you're level 80 (or once you are 80)?

A. I like to socialize, mess around, or whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
B. I like to raid mostly, & I pvp on the side (or not at all).
C. I like to pvp mostly, & I raid on the side (or not at all).
D. I like to level characters & professions.
E. Other/Explain.

I love raiding, and really miss not being able to raid. I PvP occasionally, but nothing more than battlegrounds. Without a raiding schedule, I've been leveling my other characters and gearing up my alts

6. Are you interested in raiding 25 man content on Tuesday/Thursdays 11p-1am and Saturday 11p-3am? If so, how often do you think you would attend?

I miss 25m raids - so yes! Although the nights are late for me, I'd be available more often than not. I should know in advance if I'd be unable to make it.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like (can use Gearscore if you want) or provide a link to your armory page?

Warrior - 6111 gs in the gear I actually use to raid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&cn=Loralae

Mage - 5791 gs - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&cn=Lorilai

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have? Are you familiar with current raid content?

Extensive experience in 25m Normal and Heroic ICC. I've been killing Heroic bosses since March and am very familiar with all bosses.

9. What role do you wish to perform while raiding? (Healer, Tank, DPS). Are you able to perform other roles if needed?

I wish to raid as DPS; I tanked Naxx through ToC content on my warrior and switched to DPS during ICC because I was feeling very burned out. I still have a tanking offspec that I use occasionally if there's a tank shortage for something.

10. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

I miss raiding and have yet to find a group Alliance side to raid with. Katiar suggested that I post an app Smile

11. Do you have any friends or family that will apply to Scalebane if you are recruited?

I do not believe so.

12. Are you currently applying to other guilds?

I currently have an open app with PI, but have yet to hear any type of response after two weeks or so.

13. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

I don't believe so Surprised

14. Are you the original owner of your account, and are you the only one who plays your character?

Yes, and yes.

15. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We're first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)

I'm about to enter my senior year of college, majoring in Biology and Anthropology/Sociology. I play WoW way too much. I live in the middle of no where and I'm working on a dairy farm for the summer (hilarious, I know).
Sorenca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Hoooooooly crap you're WAY over hit cap!

But otherwise, thumbs up.

I pretend you all exist.
Andimeria
Shaman Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote

shes not gemmed for hit, so i think its fine. its just the gear she could grab im sure.
Timb
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Curious -- why did you choose to raid as arms instead of fury? And if needed, would you be willing to switch to fury?

I imagine you're still going to pull great DPS with your current gear, but generally fury is going to be nicer in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for posting as guest constantly -- I can't get the confirmation email to send to me Sad

In regards to hit -- I don't get any hit talents as arms, which means I need 8% to be capped, and I'm under that, but I'm capped with the Draenai buff. And yes, no gemmed hit in my gear. I was trying to get a different neck piece to use, but never got one, so I'm stuck with that chunk of hit in my gear that I wouldn't normally want.

In regards to arms vs. fury -- I always dps'd as fury because it's much easier to get gear for (i.e. One 2-hander instead of two). Once I started raiding more intensely, it wasn't possible for me to get the right pieces to switch to fury. I currently don't have an OH to use (I'm using a polearm [lulz] and have a Shadow's Edge in the bank), and would need to make some other gear swaps to get some expertise and lose some hit. With an OH, I'd be able to go fury, but I'm more comfortable playing arms because it's what I've always raided as, dps wise. Technically, fury is better, but I pull good dps (imo) as arms and it's way more fun Very Happy
Timb
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
In regards to arms vs. fury -- I always dps'd as fury because it's much easier to get gear for (i.e. One 2-hander instead of two). Once I started raiding more intensely, it wasn't possible for me to get the right pieces to switch to fury. I currently don't have an OH to use (I'm using a polearm [lulz] and have a Shadow's Edge in the bank), and would need to make some other gear swaps to get some expertise and lose some hit. With an OH, I'd be able to go fury, but I'm more comfortable playing arms because it's what I've always raided as, dps wise. Technically, fury is better, but I pull good dps (imo) as arms and it's way more fun Very Happy

Makes sense. If you're recruited I'm sure you'll be able to pick up the Fury gear you need quickly if we decide we need to max our dps. I think we presently have one other raiding warrior (other than myself) but it'll be up to Calisa and Konata on whether we need more Melee DPS or not!
Sorenca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
In regards to hit -- I don't get any hit talents as arms, which means I need 8% to be capped, and I'm under that, but I'm capped with the Draenai buff. And yes, no gemmed hit in my gear. I was trying to get a different neck piece to use, but never got one, so I'm stuck with that chunk of hit in my gear that I wouldn't normally want.

As you can see from my profile, I was actually looking at your Mage.

You're at 18% hit. That's 1% over Hard cap, 4% over Fire soft cap and a whopping 10% over Arcane soft cap.

However, I assume you're going to main as a warrior so you can ignore my comment.

BTW, my two cents on the warrior:
Arms brings a lot of utility to the raid that Fury doesn't. I know we probably already have most of the debuffs covered but a little overlap doesn't hurt. But hey, not my call.

I pretend you all exist.
Hanukkahzomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote

This is why i can't post at 3 am, ignore this

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Oops! Sorry for the hit cap confusion!

Yes -- my mage is over hit cap, but it's the pieces I was able to pick up. I'll hopefully get my tier chest soon and replace my gloves/pants with a non-hit piece. I think I have different bracers to wear too, I'm not sure.
Riku
Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Timb wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
In regards to arms vs. fury -- I always dps'd as fury because it's much easier to get gear for (i.e. One 2-hander instead of two). Once I started raiding more intensely, it wasn't possible for me to get the right pieces to switch to fury. I currently don't have an OH to use (I'm using a polearm [lulz] and have a Shadow's Edge in the bank), and would need to make some other gear swaps to get some expertise and lose some hit. With an OH, I'd be able to go fury, but I'm more comfortable playing arms because it's what I've always raided as, dps wise. Technically, fury is better, but I pull good dps (imo) as arms and it's way more fun :D

Makes sense. If you're recruited I'm sure you'll be able to pick up the Fury gear you need quickly if we decide we need to max our dps. I think we presently have one other raiding warrior (other than myself) but it'll be up to Calisa and Konata on whether we need more Melee DPS or not!

I'm going to giggle as she wipes the floor with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Recruited!

Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Calisa wrote:
Recruited!

Oh, dibs on inviting if she isn't in guild by the time I get home from work (i.e. within an hour).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Estara
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for posting as guest constantly -- I can't get the confirmation email to send to me Sad

Have you checked your junk/spam folder? Sometimes it shows up in there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
Calisa wrote:
Recruited!

Oh, dibs on inviting if she isn't in guild by the time I get home from work (i.e. within an hour).

If I post "Recruited" then I've already invited them. Smile

View next topic
View previous topic