· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 133 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Application - Frakir, Resto Shaman

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Frakir
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote

What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

Frakir, Resto Shaman

What is your age?

I'm 29.

What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them? Please provide as much detail as necessary.

- Hand of Fate in early vanilla, never raided.

- Revival as a rogue from BWL -> Naxx, took a break during the first few months of BC after Revival dissolved.

- Joined Evolution as a resto shaman, ran with Evolution for all content in BC and Wrath until Evolution dissolved. Ran with MYTH for a few months to help them out at the end of the content tier.

- Joined Game Over at the beginning of Cataclysm, raided all Cataclysm content with them up until the beginning of Dragon Soul heroics, when I tired of raiding and retired (on good terms with the guild, I didn't drop out overnight).

- Took a break during the end of Cataclysm and all of MoP. I had tired of my shaman and rolled a monk, invested thousands of gold in tradeskills and did a ton of theorycrafting, then was sorely disappointed in the "feel" of monk healing and stopped playing entirely. Used the time to get into other hobbies.

- Did all of the MoP content on raid finder a few months back, mostly laid low until Draenor, with the intention of just playing casually.

Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them? (Family, real life friend, etc.)

No.

What best describes you now that you're level 100 (or once you are 100)

I've gone casual, but I would like to get back into raiding if the schedule isn't too grueling. I enjoy it.

Are you interested in guild raiding content? If so, what are your preferred roles?

I've always been a resto shaman, and always will. I don't offspec.

What role do you wish to perform while raiding? (Healer, Tank, DPS). Are you able to perform other roles if needed?

I'd prefer not to dps, even as an offspec, even situationally. I enjoy healing, and while I have the ability to pull reasonable numbers as elemental, I don't like doing it.

I am at my most effective when (barring encounter-specific mechanics) I'm given license to spot raid heal and burst tanks when needed, rather than being assigned to a tank exclusively. I know my class, my abilities, my rotation, and can properly triage. I stay up to date on class theorycrafting, mostly via Life in Group 5, a spectacular theorycrafting resource for us shammies.

Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like or provide a link to your armory page?

Sure, here's the link.

Note that I've mostly been elemental questing and doing heroics with friends, and haven't redone my glyphs for resto yet.

Can you describe what raiding experience you have?

All content from vanilla to cataclysm, contemporary tier.

What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

I'd been pondering starting up raiding again, and when I saw Riku post in trade and heard you might have an opening for resto shaman, I decided to go ahead and get back in.

Do you have any friends or family that will apply to Scalebane if you are recruited?

I've got a close group of a few friends that moved together from Evolution to Game Over (roughly 4-6 of us). We all mostly went casual at the same time. We're currently in a small tongue-in-cheek guild called Carry Co and having fun with the new content. Some of them might be interested in joining up, depending. Going to discuss it with them later.

We all understand how raid slots work and it's not a "package deal", but if they're interested and apply, you'll like them. Smile They're all quality players and main slot raiders.

Are you currently applying to other guilds?

No.

Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

I've maintained a good relationship with all of the guilds I've associated with. Mit, raid leader of Evolution would vouch for me, and so would Nudist of Game Over if he were still on the server. I'm reliable and easy to get along with. Smile

Are you the only one who plays your character?

Yes.

Finally, tell us a little about yourself.

I'm a working adult who will sometimes spend a ton of time on WoW, and at other times log in to raid and that's it, depending on other things I have going on at the time. (In my spare time, I build telescopes with the help of a homemade CNC machine, which has become my main hobby since stopping raiding.)

If I commit to a raiding schedule, I keep it, and I do not miss nights I've promised to be there without at least giving as much notice as possible. I cannot guarantee my availability before 9 pm, and (rarely) after 9 pm. I work retail hours. The holiday season will be a bit tricky, as the location where I work will have extended hours that may take me beyond 9 pm. I will give plenty of notice if this is the case.

Also, one absolutely concrete schedule issue that will occur once a month: weather permitting, I help host an astronomy event every month on Saturday the week prior to a new moon, and then (sometimes) attend another astronomy event the Saturday of the new moon. If it gets clouded out, then I won't need to skip the night, but the monthly event will reliably interrupt my raid availability on Saturday nights.
Riku
Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Approved!

Message Riku or Tullen in-game for an invite!

View next topic
View previous topic