· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 151 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - BlackLotus 85 NE Rogue Application

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote

===Guild Application====

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

BlackLotus, 85 Night Elf Rogue

2. What is your age?

Old enough to know better and young enough to enjoy what I know *smile

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.

Scalebane and Slayers of Doom. I left Scalebane, hopefully on good terms, to join Slayer's pvp team. The guild disbanded shortly before I took a 2.5 year absence from the game. As for Scalebane, I am not an avid raider, but I was always available when needed...however, in the old days, raids took several hours to complete and since Scalebane is a *late night raiding guild, *I'm on Atlantic Time....it was very hard for me to attend..then rise the next morning for work. I may have made it to work...but even as I write this and recall those days...I'm still not sure if I was actually awake Smile Today, from what I understand, raids are much shorter and could possibly be doable in the time I allow for playing WoW.

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them? (Family, real life friend, etc.)

Hopefully, I still have many game friends who still play and are still in Scalebane. I have spoken to Botis *I knew him as Bladesfury I believe....Passion, Releih, and Triforce..since I only returned a few months ago, many people have changed their mains, and names, so its difficult to know who remains and who doesn't unless they contact me first.

5. What best describes you now that you're level 85 (or once you are 85)?

A. I like to socialize, mess around, or whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
B. I like to raid mostly, & I pvp on the side (or not at all).
C. I like to pvp mostly, & I raid on the side (or not at all).
D. I like to level characters & professions.
E. Other/Explain.

I would have to say...C, D, and E. "C" I became Grand Marshal while with Scalebane in the old days, although I ran with a Pre-made of mostly Slayer of Doom players and several from other guilds at the time. Like Slayers, I believe all of those guilds have since disbanded. The title itself really means nothing to anyone except myself. To me it's just a sense of accomplishment in a game of pixels. It is the only title I wear, and have to say, I wear it with pride no matter how many negative comments I get about *having no life* *smile

"D" When I left, I had 16 level 70's, 10 high 60's, 8 low 60's, and many other alts of various levels. This was spread over 4 or 5 accounts, I can't remember now...but on my return, I have kept one account, transferred one horde character over, and only use my Rogue and hunter on the alliance side, and my hunter on the Horde side of Eredar.

"E" would be to just help people who need it. I get many requests on how to play a rogue from newer players...I don't believe in telling someone how to play their character..that's an individual decision...but I will tell them how I play a rogue...which may or may not be acceptable to all. If someone wants help with quests, pvp, or just achievements, I'm always willing to lend a hand. After all, I'm never in a hurry to get anything myself...it all comes in time.

6. Are you interested in raiding 25 man content on Tuesday/Thursdays 11p-1am and Saturday 11p-3am? If so, how often do you think you would attend?

With that schedule, the only day I could attend is Saturday, but I don't think that would be fair to the hard core raiders in the guild. Much of raiding would depend on my gear, at the moment, its pvp gear, but if you need a rogue...and nobody else is available who is more experienced or better geared...I'm always up for the opportunity.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like (can use Gearscore if you want) or provide a link to your armory page?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/blacklotus/simple

She is still being dressed, but should be fully geared sometime next week except for pvp weapons.

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have? Are you familiar with current raid content?

I have currently, NO IDEA about Cata Raid Content....but if you wish to know how many warts are on Drek's nose in Alterac Valley...it's 3...but it really could be two as when I was close enough to actually see his face...it was after being beheaded ...so the third one could have been my eyeball *smile....thank god for Excellent Alliance Healers!!! *grin

Being serious, I enjoy pvp, and do like to do heroics with friends if they need a hand. Like I said earlier, long, 4, 5, and 6 hour raids are not fun, and remind me of the GM grind. Fun also is a matter of perspective, so I should clarify, long raids are not fun to me. It's Guild mates and Friends, and those who you know you can depend on that make anything worth doing in this game...enjoyable.

9. What role do you wish to perform while raiding? (Healer, Tank, DPS). Are you able to perform other roles if needed? At the moment, my DPS is terrible, but eventually I should be able to fulfill that role....

10. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

I was speaking to Botis, and he mentioned I should re-apply to Scalebane as he was putting together a Rated Battleground PvP team. Since those I pvp'd with in the past no longer play...I thought I might give it a try to reacquaint myself with old comrades.

11. Do you have any friends or family that will apply to Scalebane if you are recruited?

No

12. Are you currently applying to other guilds?

No, at the moment I am guildless

13. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

I would hope not, and do not believe there is, but should there be any person who does have information to the contrary, I would appreciate if that person would post on this application so we can clear the air.

14. Are you the only one who plays your character?

Yes

15. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We're first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)

Loot doesn't matter to me, like I said earlier, it all comes with time. I am all for giving things to people who put time and effort into their raiding and could use the loot more so than I. Personally, I earn my own gear pvping...I know this is not necessarily the best gear for raiding, but it serves the purpose for what I like best in this game. If this excludes me from re-joining the guild, I totally understand and would hold no ill will toward any Scalebane member.

Thank You all most sincerely for allowing this application. I hope to hear back with your decision soon. Happy New Year to everyone!!! Smile

BlackLotus
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote

A resounding YES Smile It's been 9 years since I first met Blacklotus in EnB..still can't believe its been so long. He is a fair and honest player, and as before, a great asset to Scalebane.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote

Thought I saw you on the other day, but was too busy getting repeatedly killed in BG's to say hi. And then you logged out Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote

so I posted the same msg 2x...and no authority to delete... IM WIF STUPID

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 am Reply with quote

OMG...yes, yes, yes...you have my vote of approval!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote

Recruited!

View next topic
View previous topic