· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 173 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Diablo 3 beta

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Redmonika
Death Knight Class Leader
Death Knight Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote

check your accounts blizz just sent out 275000 beta invites... im in... giggity

[email protected]

Add me and we can go stomping around sanctuary awhile

Last edited by Redmonika on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
illunit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote

nope
Kiwiberry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote

yup ... need to download it though...

Guild Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote

Estara got in, she was playing a bit yesterday.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Beta is going open this weekend for a stress test.

Quote:
Are there any differences for stress test participants versus invited closed beta testers?
Stress test participants will only be able to access the beta between Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), and Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. In addition, stress test participants will not have access to post in the beta forums and will not be provided Beta Bucks for use in testing the currency-based auction house.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote

I played the stress test beta. It is disapointingly easy, I hope they tune the difficulty. It is locked after Act I and it took under 2 hours to complete.
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Kruchev wrote:
I played the stress test beta. It is disapointingly easy, I hope they tune the difficulty. It is locked after Act I and it took under 2 hours to complete.

Part 1 of Act 1 is the tutorial. Did you expect it to be ball bashingly hard? I beat it the first time I tried using one single potion, and only because I put myself stupidly in the middle of a pack of 10 mobs. Some of the upper difficulty mob pack types sound really nasty. I'm sure it's going to get tough quickly after Normal difficulty.

Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote

During Blizzcon they said that normal playthrough is going to be fairly forgiving, but the hard and nightmare are going to be extremely hardcore by comparison, requiring strong teamwork and specific gear that can only be found in those modes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Konata wrote:
Kruchev wrote:

Part 1 of Act 1 is the tutorial. Did you expect it to be ball bashingly hard? I beat it the first time I tried using one single potion, and only because I put myself stupidly in the middle of a pack of 10 mobs. Some of the upper difficulty mob pack types sound really nasty. I'm sure it's going to get tough quickly after Normal difficulty.

I think games get boring quick if they arent at least a little challenging. I refused to equip any items just to try to make it hard but it was no use.
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Kruchev wrote:
Konata wrote:
Kruchev wrote:

I think games get boring quick if they arent at least a little challenging. I refused to equip any items just to try to make it hard but it was no use.

One, it's the tutorial section, not really representative of the game as a whole. Two, depending on class you choose it can be considerably more difficult than others. Barbarian ripped through the beta like butter. Wizard I've had quite a few more close calls and died once and I'm still looking for the crown. They seem to have added some varieties of special mob packs to the beta areas that either were not there when the beta first launched, or I was lucky enough to not get before. Fear type special enemies making you lose control in a pack of 10+ mobs is not easy to deal with. If you get a special event it can also be considerably more challenging. The Soul Jar event I barely survived there were so many skeletons on the screen.

It's a chunk of a chunk of one difficulty of the game. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote

No Konata, you don't understand, he doesn't like easy games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I tried the wizard and it was significantly more challenging. It may be class specific. The wizard had a more interesting play style too, with a hard lock and a giant lazer beam. I played as the demon hunter the first run through BTW.
Riin
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote

DID SOMEONE SAY LASERS?!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote

Yeah the game still retains that "diablo 2 badassness", as i've come to call it when trying to describe this beta to people.

This is in spite of these changes, which I am not happy about

Lack of attribute system
-Weapons do not have stat requirements - other than the class-specific items (orbs, wanga dolls, barbarian/monk/demon hunter weapons), you can equip whatever you want, and at least in the beta, you pretty much want to equip a slow two-handed weapon on every class

Spells scaling off of weapon damage rather than skill points
-I ran a 2 handed sword on my wizard because it just made my arcane orb one-shot everything

Rune system dumbed down since they last explained it
-Originally said it would be drops, you place them into your skills' "socket" and it becomes bound to this skill - now you just get them when you level up

Skill system dumbed down
-Just unlock preset skills on level up
-Can swap skills at any time, only results in a short cooldown before use

Waypoint system pretty much useless
-To run the skeleton king, for instance, you have to start a new game from his quest, making the waypoint you get right before his fight completely meaningless because you have to unlock it every time you want to kill him. The only time waypoints are useful is before you get the town portal ability, so for about 5 levels when you first start the game, and only then if your inventory is full when you walk past it.

Beta is exceedingly easy, but you guys who weren't in any of the closed sessions should know that they DOUBLED THE MONSTER DAMAGE in one of the patches, so it was EVEN EASIER. Though, I'm not too worried, because it's not like I ever died on Normal difficulty anyway, unless my internet blew up in act 2 while I was fighting lightning scarabs.

I think demon hunter sucks, but that's just my opinion, and maybe it will be better later. Wizard seems like it will be a late game powerhouse, while Barbarian just blasts through everything and I'm not sure when it will stop.

I didn't like Monk basically because I didn't like Assassins in d2, and the witch doctor could not keep me interested, it seemed like a gimmick more than an actual class

So yeah, may 15th cant come soon enough
illunit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote

im runnin pretty much how i play my bard like my dk, 2 1h's, frenzy with the cleave. for boss fights i switch to my 2h,. bash and the other not aoe ability. i pretty much fuck shit up.

View next topic
View previous topic