· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 132 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Setting up a weekly online D&D session

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am Reply with quote

Using http://www.roll20.net/ , I'd like to set up a weekly meeting of some scalebane fools to cast magic missiles and shit.

The system seems pretty powerful and easy to use. I've set up a little bit of a campaign already, and am nearly prepared to give it a real solid test.

I'd like to run this campaign weekly with a consistant group on Wednesdays. If you're interested, let me know what times you're avaliable. I currently work from 7 pm to 3 am Fri-Tues, and I tend to have plans on Thursdays, so Wednesday works best for me, and it can be at any time. I don't expect to start immediately, so don't think this is for next Wednesday.

Totally open to first timers. Not sure which system I'll be using exactly, as currently I'm aiming to only loosely hold to any established rules. Feel free to ask me for help with ideas for a character or whatever else. The universe is pretty standard fantasy fare, as that'll be the easiest to introduce new people to.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Strec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote

That looks like fun.

Sadly I have raid days on wednesday starting at 10:30 server time so if I were to play it would have to be before then.
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote

I'd be in, I tend to get home at about 6-6:15pm EST on Wednesdays. So I'd be available probably from 6:30pm-Midnight to allow for a quick dinner.

Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote

I can do 7 pm wednesdays.

Hunter Class Leader
Hunter Class Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote

I'm down anytime

Cletus 85 Draenei Paladin
Cruton 80 Human Death Knight
Snowpack
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote

It does look like fun. Unfortunately I work until about 10 PM Eastern on Wednesdays, but I would love to observe a session sometime after work, if that is allowed.

Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote

Hmm sounds interesting. I would be one of them 1st timers so might need some help/guidance. Can do anytime on wed just preferably not to early.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote

i'd do this, but then i'd never ahve my penis in a vagina again.
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I can do Wednesdays after 8:45pm.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote

I'm in, too. (of course)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 am Reply with quote

For those interested, I'm going to task you all with your own character creation.

I'll have a specific list of what I'm looking for in the future. For now, I'm looking for two things.

I want your character to have a goal, or a reason for being. Why is your character adventuring? As a few quick examples, I wrote up a pretty generic list for ideas.

Goal: Finding your father's sword, seeking your mother's killer, accruing wealth to make yourself a lord of take over the throne to rule the land, you have a secret keepsake with unknown magics you are seeking to unlock, you believe you are a displaced king from a distant land, you have what you think is evidence for some treason you are attempting to bring to light, wife was murdered and a "calling card" of sorts was left on her body so you are using it to track down her killer, and etc.

I want your character to have a motivation outside of simply "making money" or "getting stronger." I'm pretty open about what that could be.

The goal could even influence the reasons for your class choice, or feed into the second thing I'll be looking for.

That being "quirks." I want something that distinguishes you or influences your actions. This will make your character memorable.

As an example (and pulling from above) perhaps you are a halfling thief using a long sword. This is strange in itself because you'll be forced to use two hands for it. The sword happens to be the murder weapon used to slay your mother, or the inheritence left by your father, and so your character plays a little outside of the norm.

I'll work to keep that from negatively affecting you in the game, because I don't want you to outright be punished by game rules for staying in character in these ways.

The goals and quirks are entirely between you and me. You do not need to reveal them to the rest of the group at all unless you want to.

Feel free to talk with me about these things or any other thoughts. I'm not entirely sure when I'll start yet, but I intend to have an introductory campaign with premade characters for the first week or two to shake out the flakes and introduce the tools we'll be using. After that, we'll switch into the normal run with the characters you're creating now. Shouldn't be more than a few weeks at the most before we start.

I'll keep you all updated.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
illunit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote

how about "fuck bitches, get money", and your quirk is that your penis is so massive, you use it like a bludgeon, mollywopping your foes to death.
Jester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote

illunit wrote:
how about "fuck bitches, get money", and your quirk is that your penis is so massive, you use it like a bludgeon, mollywopping your foes to death.

You should name your character Mollywopping O'Hoolian.
Phine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote

Okay I'm ready I rolled my character

Redmonika
Death Knight Class Leader
Death Knight Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Im game but I definately cant play on weds so *shrugs*

View next topic
View previous topic