· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 160 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Smite: LoL/DotA and WoW had a baby

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Riku
Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I'm currently playing the beta for Smite, a MOBA with WoW-esq camera and WSAD controls. It's a really fun game and I'd highly recommend it. You can either purchase into the beta by spending $8 (which gives you $8 of in-game cash) or by getting a beta key, which I may be able to find.

Here are some qualities of the game:
-Everything is a skillshot, even basic attacks
-Dodging is an extremely important skill
-The large jungle with narrow paths makes it possible to escape ganks by juking
-All of the Gods (i.e. champions) feel very powerful and unique
-There is no set meta yet
-Easy to learn, but has a higher skillcap than any other MOBA I've played
-Amazing graphics and sounds
-You can hear even what you can't see and there is no "fog of war," so you can notice an enemy even when they don't notice you! Being aware of your surroundings is key!
-Great server stability for a beta

Smite is being produced by Hi-Rez studios, the same people who created Tribes, so I have a lot of hope for it! If you plan on playing, add me! SN: RikuKat

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote

Tried this, it's pretty alright but you can definitely tell it's a beta.
A few of the champions are like... murdering smashing fiends of pillaging and killing who always conquer the universe.

I would say the concept is great though, FPS mobatype is a fairly new concept (even though it's just a mix of two old ones).

WASD+mouse lends itself a much more effective system of dodging projectiles than traditional MOBAs - because of that I found the champions with a laser type attack to be much more difficult than some of the others when playing against players who actually know how to play an FPS.

Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote

Riin wrote:
Tried this, it's pretty alright but you can definitely tell it's a beta.
A few of the champions are like... murdering smashing fiends of pillaging and killing who always conquer the universe.

I would say the concept is great though, FPS mobatype is a fairly new concept (even though it's just a mix of two old ones).

WASD+mouse lends itself a much more effective system of dodging projectiles than traditional MOBAs - because of that I found the champions with a laser type attack to be much more difficult than some of the others when playing against players who actually know how to play an FPS.

Currently, I feel they are all extremely balanced with the exception of Agni and he just got nerfs in the patch that hit last night, so I'm not sure where he stands now. CSing and objectives make a huge difference in this game I don't think most people are aware of yet, so characters that naturally CS well may seem overpowered. Then again, I'm speaking about this as a person with over 100 games played, I'm sure some characters seem absolutely broken when you first start, I know I thought some did.

As for Ra, the laser guy, the key to his moves is that they are super slow other than his ultimate and he has no escape. As I main an assassin, I find him actually one of the easiest mages to kill. Others have stuns and dashes, but all he has is an AoE slow that has practically no effect on my character due to how I build her.

Anyway, yeah, I love the controls in comparison to other MOBAs. I really just don't like click to move! It always feels more frantic and less controlled.

Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote

Sun Wukong would like to speak with you about his jungle clear speed, mobility, AoE CC, and escape/gap closer with a snare component.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote

i haven't played much since the big hel nerf a few weeks ago, but basically the game has way more of a dota feel than a league feel, in that gods have hilarious ratios like he bo (100% 100% 130% iirc) or absurd cc/survivability (or all of the above)

but then they have items taken directly from league's shop, so it's weird

it's a lot of fun though. i just wish i could play as cool norse gods and dps instead of tank odin and post-nerf hel
Riku
Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote

Riin wrote:
Sun Wukong would like to speak with you about his jungle clear speed, mobility, AoE CC, and escape/gap closer with a snare component.

He actually isn't main picked champion. He definitely isn't overpowered. In fact, I generally dislike having him on my team, I find him rather useless most of the time.

Hanukkahzomb wrote:
i haven't played much since the big hel nerf a few weeks ago, but basically the game has way more of a dota feel than a league feel, in that gods have hilarious ratios like he bo (100% 100% 130% iirc) or absurd cc/survivability (or all of the above)

but then they have items taken directly from league's shop, so it's weird

it's a lot of fun though. i just wish i could play as cool norse gods and dps instead of tank odin and post-nerf hel

Haha, yeah, I'm dying for more cool norse gods.

I like the familiar LoL items with DotA power. I never liked the items in DotA much, but I do feel League's issue is much like in this comic:

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/737/

View next topic
View previous topic