· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 136 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Cyria's Manga Offering: Hajime no Ippo vol. 6

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote

Well, I was reading my manga one day and thinking to myself "more people should read this stuff, it's just so damn good". So I decided on a project. Each week I'll be posting up a new volume of a series. If there's sustained interest in a series, I'll continue with it until it's A) complete, or B) I run out of translated scans. If not I'll move on to another series and see if there's any interest there. I've also provided a download to a good, free, image viewing program that can read directly from the zipped file and scrolls through pages with the mouse wheel or PageUp/Down.

The first series is called Hajime no Ippo. HnI is a series about a boy named Makunochi Ippo who's constantly picked on until he discovers the world of professional boxing. Now I realize this may initially turn people away, thinking it's only a comic about sports, but I ask that you read a few chapters before turning away. The true strength of the series is what goes on outside the ring with its hilarious characters, and with this strength, it has gone on to run over 75 volumes (and still going) in Japan. After giving it a chance watching the animated series, it has become my alltime favorite series, and I eagerly wait for each new chapter weekly.

DOWNLOAD LINK: Hajime no Ippo vol.6

IMAGE VIEWER DOWNLOAD LINK: CDisplay Image Viewer

Last edited by Konata on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:18 am; edited 7 times in total
miffymog

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

omg i saw the animated series, only half of it.

Did you know they came out with a PS2 game for this series Smile
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote

For some reason I can't get chopsticks and flies off my mind now... I also keep hearing the same voice over and over "wax on... wax off... wax on... wax off..."

Popcorn

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote

I do indeed know of the PS2 games based on it, although I don't actually own them. Just as a bit of additional info, the anime series ran a total of 75 episodes and 2 made for video specials, reaching approximately volume 36 in terms of the manga storyline. Unfortunately about 2/3 of the way through the anime they began to leave out a lot of the funny gym scenes and focused more on the serious training and fights. Because of this I highly recommend reading the story again in the manga, as it not only has everything that was cut from the anime, but has a distinct style that the anime never quite managed to replicate, and a LOT of story that you'd never get to see in the 40 volumes not animated.

As for Metha... Hmmm...

On a more widespanning note, I see that we've had about 50 people check it out the thread over the last few days. If you like what you're reading, please let me know here in the thread so I can plan for what to post up next week. If I don't get any solid "I'd like to read more, keep posting" replies, I'll switch over to something else. I've got a very wide range of genres and topics available (or easily obtainable), so if anyone has a request for a specific genre or title let me know as well. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quote

more more more!
Nevarre
Duelist

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote

Finally got around to reading this today...

I'll definitely read more if you post it. 'Twas most entertaining.
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote

Volume 2 is now available. Note that volume 1 is no longer on the webspace, so until I can find an alternate means of hosting old volumes, you'll need to get them from someone who did.

http://scalebane.com/download/Manga/ippo_vol-02.zip

Last edited by Konata on Thu May 25, 2006 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Releih
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote

I added the link for volume 2 to your original post Cyria......ummm....I don't mind doing it, but aren't you able to? I may have admin rights, but there are a lot of things on here I don't mess with hon, so I'm clueless how to fix your situation...

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Tullen fixed it so I can edit in the General forum now. Thanks Rel.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote

Anytime hon...

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Forgot to change the thread topic... volume 3 will be going up in a couple days. I want to give it a bit more time now that I've changed the topic because some might not have realized there was new stuff up with the old title.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote

Volume 3 is now up! At this point I'd like to get a few more replies if people would like me to continue or not. Also, if you'd like me to continue, let me know if you'd rather me do a single whole volume each week, or a new chapter every day (I have the series in both formats due to some odd circumstances) with the last 9 chapters available for download. If I went the chapter route, I could even increase it to say 2 or 3 chapters a day if there was interest, although the previous chapters wouldn't be up for as long as I'm trying to keep it at about the same space used. Anyway, give me some feedback if you're enjoying it, and if you are, I'll keep dishing it up. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote

I like the volume. No need for you to keep posting it every day. That is too much work Very Happy
miffymog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote

BTW i am having a tough time unzip the contents of Vol 3.

Anybody else having this problem?
Metha
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote

miffymog wrote:
BTW i am having a tough time unzip the contents of Vol 3.

Anybody else having this problem?

Yup I'm getting an error message (didn't notice earlier cause I still didn't finish reading #2)... Cry

View next topic
View previous topic