· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 157 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Illithar's Application (NE 60 Warr)

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Illithar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote

====Guild Application====

1) What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

Illithar, level 60 Night Elven Warrior.

2) What is your age?

Nearly 20.

3) What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.

The only guild I have entered within the last year and a half is Eredar's Elite. I have not left them yet, although I have announced my intent in doing so. Ever since I was the MT in Naxxramas on the 1.11 Test Realms, I have wanted to return there and conquer it, by almost any means necessary. Eredar's Elite is no longer a "real guild", just some old friends hanging out, and as much as I truly enjoy hanging out with my friends there, I really need and want to raid.

4) Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane, and if so, who?

Stupideian, Kaverie/Uncommon, Xabbu/Huntyr, Miffymog, and Noelani.

5) Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) As well as a couple UI Mods required for raiding? (CT_Raid, etc.)

Yes. I am. I have TS2, Ventrilo, and CTRA installed on my computer, and I use them all frequently.

6) Are you willing to raid late at night? (11PM EST - 3AM EST)

Yes. I will be able to make most raids, accept the ones on Monday and Wednesday nights. (I work an early morning shift on Tuesday and Thursday.)

7) Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like? Do you have any tier 1/tier 2 armor? What is your unbuffed fire resist?

I have some of, if not the best armor attainable outside of end-game PvE. I have one piece of MC loot (Flamewaker Legplates, with a +100 HP enchant.), 1 piece of ZG loot. (Zandalar Vindicator's Armguards), and two crafted epics (Lionheart Helm and Stronghold Gauntlets). My FR is merely 75, although in my defense, I carry 5 Greater Fire Protection Potions to any MC raid I attend. I feel that compensates for my lack of FR, with the exception of certain bosses.

Cool Can you describe what raiding experience you have?

I have cleared MC once, ZG six times, and have beaten all but the final boss in AQ20.

9) What do you enjoy most about playing the game? There is no right answer here, so don''t sweat it =)

Anyone who knows me understands that I enjoy PvP more than anything else in this game. It is my chief form of motivation. It is why I levelled to 60, why I made a Night Elf, why I sometimes try to get better gear, etc. But ever since I was on the 1.11 Test Realm, I have had a desire to conquer everything WoW has to throw at me. And if it isn't thrown at me, I intend to charge in. I want to defeat everything. MC, AQ, BWL, Naxx, and beyond.

10) What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

Scalebane has an appealing raid schedule for the most part, and some of my friends from Eredar's Elite are currently in Scalebane. In addition to that, you all can no doubt understand that I wish to raid.

11) Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

Negative.

12) Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We''re first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)

I am always trying to improve upon my playing skills in some way. Whether I am trying to advance my PvP techniques, alter my playing style, or understand another class better by making an alt, I am always trying to get better. I do not feel I can get much better outside of raiding, so it is time for me to start defeating bosses, attaining better gear, and progressing in the game until I have defeated everything.

This no doubt seems very serious, and in my case, it most certainly is. For a long time, I feel I have been "rotting away" due to everyone raiding while I go enter some instance that I don't really need to do. If it is to help a friend of mine, that's cool. I don't mind that in anyway. For a year and a half, my gear has received only a small improvement. Despite the phrase that I live by: "Player Skill > Gear", I need to improve upon my gear, which will in turn improve upon my playing skill, by pushing the limits of what I am capable of.

I come to raids with a strong head, and in a serious mood. I feel that if everyone does their part, and really tries, we can defeat everything this game has to offer. Don't you have that same desire?

Although outside of raids, I certainly enjoy my share of humor. Just ask Stupideian. =D

Thank you for taking the time to read this application, and I await your response. If I am not online, feel free to send me an in-game letter.

- Illithar
miffymog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Since we just lost Brobben. Can we seriously consider him?

More serious raiders are nice Smile

Plus he mentioned Eian. We all know Eian and Tullen have a thing going on Smile
Noelani

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the status on warrior class... But I think Illithar would be good asset to the guild he's good player all around. And has experience in Naxx if we ever decide on trying it out later in the future.

Hope you give him a chance
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for applying Illithar. Your application is under review.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quote

lol me and Tullen would like to offically announce that we are gettting married. Sorry Estara <3!

Yea for Ill! This is a good warrior. He is a good raider cause he is a constant raider. I really think you should consider him because of that. Plus he beats me in duels and well... no one is allowed to do that!
Sao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote

Any warrior that is a consitant raider and promises to bake cookies should be seriously considered!
Dekstros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote

I'll even back this up. Warriors are our most mercurial class in terms of showing up and actually staying in guild. We need consistent and experienced tanks in there when others (like me more often than not lately) cannot make it. Scalebane Forever!
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote

Recruited!

View next topic
View previous topic