· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 375 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Nagolite - 60 Mage

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Nagolite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote

====Scalebane Application====

Assuming you have an intimate knowledge of your application questions, I’m going to simply dive into the answers and save you the time of re-reading what you asked:

1. My “main” (first) 60 is a mage named Nagolite; however, I also have a 60 Hunter and 60 Rogue parked in the petting zoo…

2. I am a 28 year old male who likes long walks on the… oh, sry. Let’s just leave it at “I’m 28.”

3. I first came to Eredar because of someone I worked with, so my guild time has been spent with a handful of personal friends in a ~15 member guild. I spent a small amount of time in <Riot> but, due to living in Hawaii, the EST zone never played well with my schedule. Currently, I’m in <Indubitably> which is simply a place for that same handful of friends to enthusiastically not take ourselves seriously. I talk to these guys daily, and that will not change - it's just incredibly hard to 5-man Ony...

4. Scalebane friends? Well, 4 questions into my life’s story I’d like to think we’re more than strangers! So, Calisa, how’s the weather?

5. I do, presently, have vent and CT mods installed. I may not have Scalebane friends, but the downloads and I go way back…

6. Quite frankly, the raid times are what makes Scalebane so interesting to me. I live in Hawaii, so a “later than normal” run time is perfect for my availability.

7. Here’s the point where I sheepishly point out that my grand full Tier 0 set is, well, not so grand. It even has zero in the name, ouch. My mage is wearing some +dmg/+crit gear thrown in the mix… still kinda funny that you can be wearing all blues and feel so under dressed.

8. My raiding experience is less than impressive (hopefully that’s 0 points for xp, but extra points for honesty). While I have been to MC, ZG, AQ20, and Ony... I’m by no means an end-game expert, but I do listen and play well with others. I may come with limited experience, but it’s matched by an equally limited ego!

9. The visuals still make me stare… Is it sad that sometimes I call my wife into the room with a “damn, come look at the way the sun is setting over the trees in this zone!” (My wife has a 60 Priest) That and watching a hordy panic when a fireball ignites him through his “safe” hiding spot in AV is pretty sweet, too. “Yes little dead troll, fireballs go through trees…”

10. Initially, the late night raid times drew my attention to Scalebane… Since asking around, however, the simple fact that I’ve yet to hear a negative remark regarding the guild encourages me to believe it’ll be a great environment of people.

11. I’m happy to say that there is not a single situation that would negatively effect my reputation. Unless, of course, you were playing Horde when my Pyroblast showed up to say hello… For what it’s worth, I think the reputation you have with other players is far more important than any faction grinding you can do.

12. As I’ve alluded to above, I’m a married gamer who did the “near” impossible… I got my wife hooked on WOW. Our conversations went from “get off the computer” to “get off the computer so I can login!” Even better, I convinced her we needed a pair of new computers for our anniversary… Check and mate.
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:59 am Reply with quote

Thanks for applying, your application is under review.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 am Reply with quote

with lack of mages lately in raids ~ I don't see why we couldn't give this guy a chance in Scalebane Smile I chatted w/him a lil tonight seems like good player and he actually remember me from doing a ubrs run Razz

What island do u and wife live on? I'm from Hawaii aswell Smile nice to finally know their other ppl out here that play WoW too Razz
Nagolite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote

Aloha Noelani... I'd say "it's been a while," but then again we were chatting earlier today Surprised

My wife and I are on Oahu, so close enough to feel the latest quake but thankfully far enough away there wasn't any damage... Unless you consider the massive state-wide power outage and the resulting day-long disconnection from Eredar a state of emergency! I tried to convince my wife we should connect the computer to a stationary bike and she could peddle while I got que'd for AV, but apparently I was the only one on board with the idea.

Random side note: it’s kinda funny how suddenly everything stops as soon as there’s no electricity. It never crossed my mind that once the power went out even gas stations couldn’t sell gasoline anymore, electric pumps and all... Perfect time to get out of the house and go for a drive, well at least as far as a 1/4 tank of gas will get’cha...
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Nagolite, but we're going to pass. It's nothing against you, mostly because of gear. Thanks for applying, & I wish you good luck. Please PM me on the forum or in game if you have any questions regarding the application.

View next topic
View previous topic