· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 98 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Healing in raid

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Potetoof

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote

Hey guys, and as I approch 60 I am noticing more and more a need to track the health of more that a single party in case the priest/druid/main healers are unable to keep up with mob/hoard DPS or are just dead from being a squishy with a poor tank or a poor grasp of shielding against hoard DPS. Being a pally I believe that the main purpose (and I could be wrong, but I doubt it) is to provide buffs and to be a healer who is damn near impossible to kill, while doing some DPS along the way, and thus is how I play.

If the healers could give me some pointers on HOW to heal effectivly in a BG or raid, I would be much appriciative, because having a bunch of ''group'' windows cluttering the screen is hard to track.

Thanks in advance,

~Dave
Potetoof, 52 pally noob Wink
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:32 am Reply with quote

Well... have you tried customizing CT_RaidAssist beyond using the standard "By Group" setting? It might let you spread them out a bit to prevent bunching on the screen. If you absolutely hate CT, there really isn''t too much of an alternative to be honest... there are a couple others that try to emulate it, but really lack a lot of the features that make CT so widely used. The only thing I could suggest is that you check out www.curse-gaming.com and see if you find something else you like better there. By the way, if you end up coming on Zul''Gurub or higher raids, you will need to have CT_RaidAssist installed for the boss warnings if nothing else, so if you''ve got it installed, don''t trash it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote

right.. I installed the mod pack when the guilds merged (came from Forgotten Legacy) but havent really had a chance to do more that take a cursory look at all the various bits and peices that come with the mod pack. So to answear, no I have no aversion to CT, just still learning to use it. That being said, Ill take a closer look.
Malemianan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:16 am Reply with quote

CT raid assist is okay... i place all my major classes on the side..it includes a health bar with thier remaining hp and mana/rage/energy..those help..kind of
Krayten
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quote

Healing in BGs "The How To"

Arathia Basin - You will heal here about 25% - 50% of the time. Never heal 100% of the time. IF you do heal 100% of the time, you become an easy target, (unless they can''t see you). So keep your heals down to a minimal. Keep everyone around you alive and dish out some damage on them hordies. In this BG it is easy for you to get picked out once you stand still and cast a few heals. So heal here only when needed, which shoudlnt be more than 50% of the time.

Warsong Gulch - Druids are Flag runners here. This leaves priests and pallys to heal. Once the druid has the flag, do what ever you can to keep that druid alive. Dont 4get to cast blessing of freedom. In this BG, the person with the flag is the target. In this BG you don''t stand out as much as AB. When some one on your team has flag concentrate 110% on keeping them alive and moving. When no one has the flag, and its a mob of alliance and a mob of horde, treat it as you would in AB.

Alterac Valley - Heals are very very very very important here. There are 40 people in this BG. As a healer you will stand out more then every other class. all you need to to is walk back a few paces into or behind the large group of alliance. This usally drops everyone who is attacking you on to another target for you to heal. Use numbers for camoflague. Heal 100% here unless you are alone, which you shouldn''t be in the first place.

View next topic
View previous topic