· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 239 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Holyhavoc - 70 Paladin

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Holyhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?
-Holyhavoc, 70 Human Paladin(Ret)

2. What is your age?

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.
-On Eredar, I've only been associated with 3 guilds. First was Bridge Burners, a guild of mostly my RL friends who originally persuaded me to reroll here on Eredar about a year and a half ago. I ended up leveling quite a bit faster than the rest of them and wanted to pursue a raiding guild.

-From there I went to Riot in October of '06, finished off my leveling and went straight into raiding with them as a full-time healer. Nearing the expansion with the release of the new honor system and arena system, I respecced Retribution and PvP'd on a more than regular basis and respeccing holy for any major raid nights.

-During that time from when I joined Riot until now, I left the guild with a few of my friends from Riot aswell to form a new guild, Discord. The new 25 man raiding system threw a lot of us Rioters out of the picture so a good few of us decided to relax and take it easy for a bit.

-Now within the last 2 months, Riot has endured the agony of two guild splits. We lost about 40 core raiders and their alts, and basically dont have the capability to raid or PvP on a regular basis anymore.

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them?
-I associate with so many people on the server, and would probably recognize a few names if I seen them, but can't say I specifically know anyone currently in Scalebane.

5. Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) as well as several UI Mods required for raiding?
-Already have ventrillo installed and have a headset. I also currently use KTM, Xperl(I've grown quite fond of the frames and setup) and LaVendetta for Boss/BG mods.

6. Are you willing to raid late at night? (11PM EST - 3AM EST)
-My current work schedule actually permits late night raiding moreso than the standard raid times for the server. Me living in Pacific time also puts the server 3 hours ahead of me, so I would quite like that lol.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like?
-I've currently put together a combination of PvP epics and high end blue's with good melee stats and +dmg to increase viability in raids for patch healing and moderate dps(have Sanctified Crusader and Imp Sanctity aura for increased raid/group DPS). Have the Legacy 2H Axe from Opera event in Khara with Mongoose enchanted on it.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Holyhavoc

8. What, if any, instances are you attuned/keyed for?
-Currently I have all heroic keys except for TK instances.

9. Can you describe what raiding experience you have?
-Pre BC I've participated on full clears through everything except AQ40 and Naxx. Post BC I've raided up until Magtheridon's Lair(no clear).

10. What do you enjoy most about playing the game? There is no right answer here, so don''t sweat it =)
-Actually, I've asked myself that many of times and I still can't quite find an absolute answer lol. I definitely enjoy the people, sometimes I logon and don't do a thing except talk to friends and random people who get my attention lol. I love PvP, although I tire myself of it easily if I do it too much. Lately though I've been craving for raids, it's been a while since I've stepped into anything besides Khara/Gruul's, I love experiencing new content.

11. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?
-I've always seen Scalebane as a respecable guild since I familiarized myself with the server. After the current issues that occured in Riot and seeing you were open for recruiting on the Eredar forums, I figured it wouldn't hurt, even if I didnt get a raiding spot. I'm mostly concerned with my environment more than anything in game, I.E. General attitudes of people within the guild, volunteering to help someone if they need it, and fun is definitely a factor I like in a guild.

12. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?
-As far as I know, I've never had a tarnished reputation on this server or any other server I've played on. I always try to be nice and considerate to anyone I meet. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours Wink lol.

13. Are you the original owner of your account, and are you the only one who plays your character?
-Yes, I am the original owner and the only one who plays this account.

14. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We're first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)
-I guess I'm just the average person, I work and like to go out and have fun doing whatever's going on. I like WoW(I guess that's obvious lol) and enjoy most of the time I spend in it. I'm currently taking a break from College, plan to go back in Spring '08 to finish my degree in Computer Science.

Edit: Added armory link Smile
Borgyll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Why did you choose to spec ret for raiding? Shocked
Holyhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I didn't specifically choose Retribution for raiding. During the time of April to about September I was inactive and Riot had fallen into the idea of sticking a ret pally in raids for Sanctified Crusader, Improved Sancitity Aura, and extra blessings. They were doing quite well with it, but then the Paladin that was going every raid, Kannar, had another kid with his wife which limits his time to play a lot now.

Oh so conveniently I started actively playing again, the guild knew I was Ret and planned on staying that way, so they started throwing me in raids to cover it. I've respecced Holy a few times to cover it when they really needed an extra healer, but otherwise they never asked me to respec and we did quite well with me raiding as Ret.
Holyhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and I forgot to add. I'm sure some of you have seen the Retadin changes for patch 2.3, and honestly I think Retadins could actually be an asset to raids instead of just an option after 2.3 goes live. I'm always trying new things, figuring out any way I can increase my performance as a retadin, because I know a lot of people really don't see a use for them so I have to be good at it if I'm going to be one lol. As soon as 2.3 hits the PTRs you can bet I'm going to be on there getting as familiar as I can with the new changes, I'm really excited about these new buffs lol.
Holyhavoc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, is anyone even paying attention to my app? Not to be/sound rude, but I've been waiting around nearly 3 days for someone to make a reply and still nothing...Some sort of update would be nice.
Riin
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Our recruitment officers are sometimes a little slow. Just give it some time.
=)

Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Holyhavoc wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is anyone even paying attention to my app? Not to be/sound rude, but I've been waiting around nearly 3 days for someone to make a reply and still nothing...Some sort of update would be nice.

I haven't seen you online Holy, can you send me a tell?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

Yeah, no problem at all. My work schedule has been a bit busier than normal this week because we had 2 people quit, that's why I haven't been on as much as usual. Hired more ppl again though, so that should be all worked out Very Happy
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote

Recruited!

View next topic
View previous topic