· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 231 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Aion

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote

Spent some time this weekend trying Aion. It appears to be Lineage meets WOW at the moment. Characters are Lineage's doppelgangers, but with more customization. You can spend hours playing with the choices! Quest lines were numerous and easy to follow with a built in quest helper. Lag only occurred in the main city, due to personal stores...not sure why NC didn't learn from L2.

Leveled a mage to 15, but was more interested in the crafting. One can learn all professions, so tried out tailoring, cooking and alchemy. I was swamped with so many ingredients...it was a bit overwhelming and quickly ran out of space...nothing new for me..lol. Although crafting cost a small fortune, I was never broke, even after buying new armor too. Both quests and loot paid adequate gold for anything I wanted to accomplish.

Overall the game played very well, and I will try again in 2 weeks during the next beta weekend.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/aion/

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote

I didn't have much time in it but I was able to get a priest to 10 and went Asmodian cleric.. ie ranged healer vs the melee Chanter which is some what of a Paladin (warrior priest). We'll have to group in the next beta passion.

If you want to get into the beta I think you can get in via fileplanet. What I did is go to gamestop and put 5 dollars down on the game to reserve it and you get a beta key. I had game credit so it was essentially free. The beta is closed atm.

It's definitely a beautiful game. Combat is similar to wow with the exception of Chained abilities. These abilities can only be used once another ability is used prior. At level 10 I only had 2 chained skills but it worked really nice. Also the chained ability would pop up on the screen where u could click it or hot key it to press it. Like passion said the built in quest helper is great and the UI is pretty slick. Reminds me of Spartan UI.

Good fun for a free experience while its in beta.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote

My Mage is Tryana, because as in the past, Passion is a name which is not permitted due the *ass*..lol. Blacklotus is also playing, and he knows a lot more than I do about the game itself, especially the PVP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote

I currently play (because I messed around in the beta) on the Chinese retail servers.

I have a 25 gladiator, and so far the game seems really.. well made except that the way the game is updated the servers we're playing on are several patches behind the Korean servers.

the major difference between Aion and WoW is how directly the economy effects your leveling.

Sure, you can level fine with the quest loot you get, but you can leave everything in the dust if you have a full set of the newest prettiest gear.
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote

I'm not playing/investing in any MMO unless it's been released for at least 3 months. (I still feel the burn from Hellgate: London) Also, I haven't been able to get into any Asian MMOs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm Tryana on Siel, a level 14 Asmodian Mage. Will level her to see if I can get to 25 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
I'm not playing/investing in any MMO unless it's been released for at least 3 months. (I still feel the burn from Hellgate: London) Also, I haven't been able to get into any Asian MMOs.

I also felt that burn. It burnt so hard....
I was in the beta too!
I enthusiastically pre-ordered it for 50 bucks!

And the day of release...we...get the beta....Sad.

I'm also wary of any Korean game released by NCSoft after the corporate jackasses raped both Exteel and S4 League in favor of money.

God, those two games were fun in Beta.

I pretend you all exist.
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/npdsvj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Passion wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/npdsvj

RICKROLL'D!
Mileran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I also felt that burn. It burnt so hard....
I was in the beta too!
I enthusiastically pre-ordered it for 50 bucks!

LOL you were in the Beta and you STILL pre-ordered it!!!!
shame on you, would ahve thought you learned from the beta! =)

I beta tested that for a while and realized it was complete junk, and you as ranged weapon could kill anything without too much effort.
Passion
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote

After one week in Aion, the game is settling down and running smoothly. I reached level 25 and past my final test for the Abyss.

The quests are good and similar to WOW, both in rewards and gear. Kinah is more plentiful and economics more balanced. Everyone can gather, leaving mats for any gear affordable to all. As in any MMO, many similarities, but better than other Korean games I've tried. NCSoft, has done a reasonable good job in westernizing the game, including UI. But still plenty of room for improvement. Since WOW I've tested many MMOs, barely lasting a few days. This is still holding my interest, and looking forward to dying many times in the Abyss..as I suck at flying and PVP...lol.

I've been in WOW since beta, now over 5 years, and needed some change of scenery. I'll continue to raid, and look forward to the next expansion. Currently on Zikel as an Asmodian Cleric AngelBaby, playing with numerous friends from WOW.

Last edited by Passion on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Can I have all of your stuff?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote

Tullen wrote:
Can I have all of your stuff?

dont do it its a trick!

View next topic
View previous topic