· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 223 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Thoughts so far

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote

So what are everyones thoughts so far?

I really like the way this game is set up. In most MMORPGs, you're a fighter first, and all your leveling is based on fighting. In this game, your skills go up no matter what you do, so you can focus on anything you really want. Plus your skills go up over time, wheter you're logged on or not, so you don't really need to grind, except to make money. Which is a plus when you're playing it as a second game.

The game itself is absolutely huge, with 5,000 solar systems. The limit for expansion is unbelievable too, with players being able to amass huge fleets with carriers and starbases, etc. The economy is also completely player driven, just about everything you buy/sell is to other players through the starbases. Unlike most games that claimed to do this, it actually works in this one, and is so well done, you don't even realize it's other players you're buying from at first.

The PvP system is my favorite type, I've always prefered PvP systems where no artificial restrictions are put on you (like in WoW, where you can't attack someone just because thier name is green). There is still consequences to killing someone in your own faction. But I think we all know that it's sometimes worth it =D. That and the combat is very tactical, there are a lot of different roles you can play. From flying huge battleships with giant guns, to small agile electronic warfare ships, that can cripple you opponent.

Overall, I think it'll be a fun distraction between raids while we wait for the expansion. I always saw Scalebane as a multi-game guild eventually, and even if it's just a side game, I think this is a cool game to explore. Plus it's cool that so many of us are already playing, since that's what really makes it fun.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote

well, outside all these damn courior missions, i think its a great game. i want to get some missions to blow some shit up, but only gotten 1 so far Sad

overall, i can see it being a real fun game if we can get a huge corp and then wage war on other corps

Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

You get more combat missions if you go to combat oriented NPC corp agents, Fed. Try getting missions with the Imperial Navy. Also the more faction you build up, the better missions they'll assign you.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote

zomg....it's pvp? ya'll have fun... Sad

View next topic
View previous topic