· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 157 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Dystopia

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Ok, thought Dystopia deserves it's own thread. Dystopia is a Half Life 2 mod that Evernite, Estara, and I have been playing, along with a clan of some of my old gaming friends from Neocron. It's sorta like a combination between Counterstrike and the Matrix (Tron?), with a bit of a cyberpunk flavor.

The game has 2 sides, punks and corps, the punks usually are attacking and the corps defending. You switch sides at the end of each round. You fight and meet objectives both in a traditional FPS level (meatspace) and in a cyber environment (cyberspace). Your team has to work togethor in both worlds in order to accomplish anything.

The game has a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you get passed that, it's a blast for some quick action. You have to have Half Life 2 already or just Half Life 2: Deathmatch (Runs for about $30 or $10 for HL2:DM and is downloadable via http://www.steampowered.com), but otherwise the mod Dystopia is free and available at http://www.dystopia-game.com

Last edited by Tullen on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote

I remember seeing this mod in it's initial phases upon the release of Half-Life 2. I was interested at the time, but the bookmark is long since gone from my list. I'll check it out as soon as their website comes back up.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Cool Durk, yeah check it out. But be warned, this game involves a little bit more than 2-2-2-2-2-3. Twisted Evil

Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote

You can get it here in the meantime: http://files.moddb.com/1179/download-dystopia-demo-client-full-updat/

View next topic
View previous topic