· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 155 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Canalar (Mage, Lvl 60) - I Blow Stuff Up

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Canalar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?

Name: Canalar. Class: Mage. Level: 60.

2. What is your age?

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.

Seekers: This began as a small, tightly-knit guild that formed soon after release. I eventually became an officer and was unwittingly exposed to a hurricane of guild drama; thus, I departed the guild voluntarily after a particularly stressful disagreement to find something a little calmer. WoW is, after all, a game that's meant to be enjoyed, not embroiled in politics. Aside from a small group (my best friend and fiancée), I encouraged other members to remain with the guild; I heard later that the guild slowly petered out and failed (largely because it offered very little to members at the high end) so I suppose that's that.

Exception: A fine guild with good members that all took care of one another. Unfortunately, the leader elected to reroll horde and apparently took most of the guild with him. Unwilling to reroll myself, I have recently become practically guildless even while I remained a member. I finally bit the bullet and typed /gquit today.

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane, and if so, who?

Yes, actually. Viera is the brother of the woman I am currently engaged to. After spending part of the evening running PvP with him and several Scalebane members, I asked him a bit about his guild; what he said encouraged me to inquire about the application process, so here I am.

5. Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) As well as a couple UI Mods required for raiding? (CT_Raid, etc.)

Absolutely. I currently run my own Teamspeak server, but I can just as easily run and use Ventrilo in it's stead. As for the mods, I have assembled my own hodgepodge collection of mods, including a few that I modified myself for a more customized fit; installing a few more pieces of code into my game shouldn't hurt anything at this point. Wink

6. Are you willing to raid late at night? (11PM EST - 3AM EST)

Sure. My work schedule allows me to be confident that I will always be free at those times, making that raiding schedule a good bet for frequent, reliable attendance.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like? Do you have any tier 1/tier 2 armor? What is your unbuffed fire resist?

At the moment I'm rather poorly equipped in terms of overall materials. Although I am a long-time player, I am only now starting to gear my favorite character up for raiding. My equipment includes only a single sub-60 epic, half a dozen blues of various quality, and the rest is mostly eagle equipment. Unbuffed, I have a meager FR of 35.

I do, however, expect all of this to change over time. Now that more of my R/L friends have hit level 60, my interest in Canalar has increased greatly and we're beginning to run 5 man instances in search of better equipment. The attunement quests and fire resistance gear are at the top of my list for acquisition.

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have?

As I noted in reply 7, I have nearly no end-game raiding experience at the moment. Most of my experience has been limited to 5 man instances and PvP (the results of which have become increasingly unfortunate due to a disparity in gear). I still do decently despite such setbacks, and I constantly attempt to optimize my own use of my current power.

9. What do you enjoy most about playing the game? There is no right answer here, so don''t sweat it =)

To me, World of Warcraft is a forum where I can not only talk with my friends, but also _DO_ things with them. Prior to joining the military, I had played first Everquest and later Dark Age of Camelot. After joining the military and moving over a thousand miles from my friends and family, MMO's became less of an idle pastime and more of a link between distant friends. Sure it's nice to call someone and have them offload 30 minutes' of details about their life before doing the same to them; however, I much prefer actually having a shared activity. Instead of talking exclusively about what we're doing separately, we can now discuss things we are continuing to do together.

10. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?

Overall, the guild has a very solid reputation on Eredar. I knew of the guild even before I know I may eventually wish to join it. In addition to this, Viera recommended the guild to me. Given that he's in my fiancée’s immediate family (and given that my fiancée herself has said she liked the guild), it was an easy decision to take the time to post here.

11. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?

Not that I know of, but the voices in my head tell me that the paranoia is normal.

12. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We’re first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)

At the moment I'm a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force. Translating the rank of Senior Airman to layman's terms, I've graduated from bringing someone coffee in exchange for on-the-job training to actually being allowed to work on expensive equipment alone. Ah, the folly of the government.

Currently I work as an Applied Geophysics Technician out of Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX. Our shop is assigned the job of depot-level maintenance (ie, component level repair), and engineering assistance (ie, it's malfunctioning, so find a way to make it work and tell everyone how you did it). The equipment in my shop is a system that supports nuclear treaty monitoring, and I enjoy working on it immensely.

Other than my job, I have also recently become engaged to a charming young woman that I met on Eredar in my noob days. Currently she plays Nycteris and Nixtamne as level 60's, and is Viera's sister (as I noted above, this is the link that brought me to this forum).

--------------------

I look forward to talking with you all about the application. If anyone has any questions, I will be returning here to check the replies after work tomorrow, or you can simply send a message to Canalar in game and I'll be happy to tell you what I can. In the meanwhile, there are thirsty people on Eredar, so it's back to summoning water to support the Alliance!

FYI, I summon my water pre-chilled from the finest naturally artesian wells on Kalimdor - I'm just that good to my friends. Wink

Shiftogyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Seekers: This began as a small, tightly-knit guild that formed soon after release. I eventually became an officer and was unwittingly exposed to a hurricane of guild drama; thus, I departed the guild voluntarily after a particularly stressful disagreement to find something a little calmer. WoW is, after all, a game that's meant to be enjoyed, not embroiled in politics. Aside from a small group (my best friend and fiancée), I encouraged other members to remain with the guild; I heard later that the guild slowly petered out and failed (largely because it offered very little to members at the high end) so I suppose that's that.

Geez, Seekers Seekers everywhere!

But yes, the guild lost momentum due to guild drama and had some other officers leave the game. Draconis pops in every now and again when he's not dealing with RL stuff, Brigandorf is on another realm, Ikeshunter and the Aussie contingent headed to EE to start in MC, Maedrenecyh took a break and when he came back joined Genesis and then left again recently due to work, and I know I'm missing some other people as it was a while ago.

Seekers 4 Life Very Happy
Canalar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Amusingly enough, I located the seekers via a friend of mine (my supervisor at Lackland AFB) that I played FFXI with (black mages on FFXI were fun until they tanked the economy). He was a member of the seekers on FFXI, and when I told him that I was departing for WoW he pointed me in the direction of their alliance spin-off guild on Eredar. Ironically, it took me nearly a year to convince him to start playing WoW himself (he plays as Binah, a hunter), and by the time he'd joined, Seekers was already gone!

A quick note on equipment: I have a full group (Praeliorz, my best friend and a paladin; Kokapeli, a warrior and a good friend of Prae and me; Nycteris, my fiancee and priest; and Binah, my now-retired supervisor and hunter) to begin pounding 5-mans for equipment. Hopefully the lot of us will begin collecting significant quantities of items we desire (such as the FR, NR and spellpower gear I lust after). Kaliban's Class Loot Lists has given me an excellent shopping list of places to go and things to kill with regards to this.

~Canalar
"Why, sure you can have some water! Frozen. In a bolt."
Nevarre
Duelist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Canalar is a real-life friend of mine and a skilled mage (even though he has really crappy gear).
I believe he would be a nice addition to our guild roster.

Since Zyio is gone we need a new mage, right? Right? Cool
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for applying. Your application is under review.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Canalar, we'll definitely be sure to keep you in mind if we see a decline in our active Mages. Thanks for applying, & I wish you good luck. Please PM me on the forum or in game if you have any questions regarding the application.

View next topic
View previous topic