· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 105 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - 60 Druid

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Karonaway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:18 am Reply with quote

1. Karonaway-60 druid
2. N/A
3. In chronological order...The High Exalted-It was a small guild that I joined as a wee lad of WoW, wanted to move up, so I left. Eredar's Elite/Vanq-Good guild while it lasted, disgusting drama so it disbanded... you'll be hearing that statement a lot..Infinitus Aevum-Made it with my mate Drown, who people began to dislike, so they all went over to Genesis, I eventually joined Genesis, havn't seen Drown in a while... and Genesis-You all probobly know... annoying drama, loot hungriness... the works....
4. Well.. unfortunately I know Synnd... Moruder.. and Ult (Slight sarcasm...), one of the main reasons I'm joining is Ckay and his alt.. Doma. Not mentioning Uncommon :O As well as many others I havn't seen in a while.
5. Already have Ventrilo.. will get whatever mods it is you require.
6. On Saturday and Friday, I can almost certainly make it, weekdays is unlikely due to school.
7. In Healing Gear... 3503 health, 5509 mana, 43 FR, 305 +healing, +28 mana regen... DPS gear... 3463 health, 5389 mana, 40 FR, 206 + dmg, 2% to hit with spells, 4% to crit (disincluding mana bonus)
Healing Gear-Zulian Headdress, Choker of Enlightenment, Cenarion Shoulders, Hide of the Wild, Cenarion Chest, Haruspex's Belt and Bracers, Staff of Dominance, Cenarion Gloves, Salamander Scale Leggings, Betrayer's Boots, Seal of the Archmagus, Band of Rumination, Eye of the Beast, Royal Seal of Eldre Thalas... DPS Gear-Spellweaver's Turban, Stormpike Sage's Cloak, Bloodtinged Kilt, Belt of Untapped Power, Cenarion Bracer's, Flamestrider Robes, Choker of Enlightenment, Eye of the Beast, Royal Seal of Eldre Thalas, Beterayer's Boots, Zanzil's Band, Band of Rumination, Staff of Dominance, Cenarion Gloves, Cenarion Shoulders.
Sacrificing stats for FR gives me 118, without sacrificing is 83 (unbuffed for both.)
8. Been through all of MC, ZG, gotten Ossirian to 6%, Many... many... too many Razorewhore attempts, mild experience with bosses beyond that, some with Vael, exc.
9. I don't enjoy much of anything about this damned game any more, that's really why I'm applying, being surrounded by some old EE members might bring back the few good memories this game has.
10. Ckay. He's a persistant one.
11. I was young, I needed the money!
12. Nothing to know about me.
Shiftogyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

Hahahaha N/A - Karonaway's age will always be a mystery (I have a fair idea but am probably slightly off). He's quite mature for his age though Razz

For those who don't know Karonaway, he would raid as a Balance druid, giving his moonkin buff to the casters. As a result he was a pretty popular guy. But he was more than happy to heal when needed and has the gear to offset not being a resto druid.

He brought a lot to the guild, and was often the guy chatting away on Vent or in guild chat to no-one in particular and helping out where he could with instances and that kind of thing. Very sociable, very easy-going and approachable about anything. I know that we had some long PM chats about this, that and the other in raids to pass the time. I had several innervate slaves in MC but Karonaway was the only one to send me tells about it Very Happy

Like most of us, we've seen our fair share of drama that this game brings. Some of us tough it out, while some are able to get out. I hope Karonaway is able to find his happy place again, wherever it is Smile
Doma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Ill vouch for this lil punk (been doign that alot lately ><)

Come on! how can you deny that sm3xy n00bkin dance!?

Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for applying. Your application is under review.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I love applying to new guilds, people always compliment and flatter me... it's gotta be the sexy moonkin feathers.
Uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote

I wonder about all these EE applications........ you guys are just trying to go 'somewhere' it seems...I dont want to be the negative one... but have you looked into guilds that suit YOU..or are you just applying here because someone else did it?....

Our raid times are late evenings.... which means that once school starts up, (not too long from now) most of the EE/Genesians... cant raid anyway, because they'll be in school when we raid (being australian and all)... and some of you have parents who, if you happen to be on EST- cant be up past midnight or what not...

Also---- Scalebane has a GREAT system already in place, where most of you had some form of authority in Genesis---- you will not have that authority in this guild, and to be honest, I don't think most of you are willing to give up that control....

Just my two cents.... if its worth anything, who knows. But I think, when recruiting is done, it should be "how can you help the guild" not "oh, look, how cute, they need a home".....

No one generally posts negative things about people on their application, and I wont either, but I know that its very mixed feelings on many of these applications...

Uncommon~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:05 am Reply with quote

I knew something was off with you when I whispered you....And yes, I probobly won't be able to raid weekdays at late times, but it doesn't change the fact that I want to be in this guild.
I had absolutely no power whatsoever in Genesis, the officers were set, raid assists were set, and I had no control over anything. I have no power to be lost.
In my defense, what better reason is there to join a guild then for the people? If I were to go join a guild with AQ, BWL, ZG, MC and most of Naxx on farm, I'd be speeding myself through end game content instead of truely learning the troubles they hold for guilds still working on them. I'd be in a guild with good loot, but not neccesarily good people.
I hope it doesn't seem like us Genesians are just searching for a place to be while we recooperate and then we'll be on our merry way. I remember countless conversations where people were dicussing what guilds would be good to do.. raid times, people, reputations, exc. I made this decision from what I've seen and heard, and I think it's the right one.
I am WAY more than happy to help the guild, if you need any herb, I'm the one to talk to. I go on runs where I need nothing, I try and help anyone I can.
Lastly, I'm not Australian, so if your raids aren't on weekdays, I see no problem Cool
Uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote

Karonaway, my post wasnt about YOU...........

It was in general to the flood of EE posts...
Shiftogyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote

Uncommon wrote:
I dont want to be the negative one... but have you looked into guilds that suit YOU..or are you just applying here because someone else did it?....

Haha that must be referring to my app. Let me be perfectly clear - it wasn't a serious app. I got bored. And Scalebane is probably the guild that I know best outside of Genesis due to the people who I knew from the past so it was a "Hey, remember me?" kind of thing.

Uncommon wrote:
Also---- Scalebane has a GREAT system already in place, where most of you had some form of authority in Genesis---- you will not have that authority in this guild, and to be honest, I don't think most of you are willing to give up that control....

I know that from a personal experience that I was keen to wash my hands of being an authority figure in a guild and go back to being a 'nobody' and try to maintain my sanity. It was good to be a leader in and out of raids but it required a lot of work and time to put into it to keep the guild going smoothly and it affected a lot of other things in my life.

I've been a somebody and a nobody in different guilds. Both have their upsides and downsides. But if I was offered to be a somebody in another guild I'd have a long hard think about it before making a decision.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. If I get around to coming back to WoW I'll certainly catch up with my mates, no matter which guild tag they are wearing at the time.
Eleshar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Kaverie speaks the truth, as she always does.

When one daring person does it (in this case Moruder), so does everyone else. Maybe for their individual reasons, but IMO (and I'm usually never wrong) it's due to the hysteria-sheep syndrome. Read: "The Crucible". Anyway, most of these apps on Scalebane are good players (note the word, "most") and there's already about 8 and counting. Expect to see more soon.

And no, this isn't my app. Smile
Noelani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Uncommon wrote:
I wonder about all these EE applications........ you guys are just trying to go 'somewhere' it seems...I dont want to be the negative one... but have you looked into guilds that suit YOU..or are you just applying here because someone else did it?....

Our raid times are late evenings.... which means that once school starts up, (not too long from now) most of the EE/Genesians... cant raid anyway, because they'll be in school when we raid (being australian and all)... and some of you have parents who, if you happen to be on EST- cant be up past midnight or what not...

Just my two cents.... if its worth anything, who knows. But I think, when recruiting is done, it should be "how can you help the guild" not "oh, look, how cute, they need a home".....

No one generally posts negative things about people on their application, and I wont either, but I know that its very mixed feelings on many of these applications...

Uncommon~

Sorry Karonaway I'm not hating on you but I hope u do understand that Scalebane is latenight raiding guild so most of our raids start at 11pm w/the exception of thursday night raid starting at 9pm.. and our 40man raids both start at 11pm aswell... I hope u understand the raid times.
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Karonaway, but the general officer consensus was no, so we're going to have to decline. It's mostly because of raid times & partly the moonkin thing. Thanks for applying, & I wish you good luck. Please PM me on the forum or in game if you have any questions regarding the application.

View next topic
View previous topic