· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 216 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Oblivion

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote

I've had this game for a bit now. Trying it out again with the Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod, which Durkheim recommended. It makes a ton of tweaks that took out a lot of which bothered me about the vanilla version of that game.

Anyone else playing Oblivion atm? If so what mods you using?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote

My addon list:

Gameplay Changes, Additions, and Tweaks

Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul - Modifications, additions, tweaks, etc. This kicks ass.

ANB_Regen - Out of Combat health regen. Speed based on current health.

Imperial Library - Adds an accessable library in the Imperial city. Goes great with the below "Book Jackets" mod.

No Psychic Guards 1.2 - Lowers radius of crime reporting, pretty much. Does some other stuff with guards and crimes too.

Frostmourne - >.> Step off. The model looked cool, so I wanted to see it.

Master Sword - Same as above.

300_artifacts - Adds in some bosses guarding artifacts from older Elder Scrolls games. The bosses are quite hard, and the items are nice. (Quite hard? Some of them are level 80)

Immersion

Book Jackets (Hi Res) - Gives all books unique skins. I think of this one like "Readable Signposts" from Morrowwind, but for the books in Oblivion. (I actually think there was a book mod for Morrowwind... but I'm not sure.)

Nomoreannoyingmessages - Removes "Loading..." and messages like it.

Misc.

BTmod - The way the interface for the game should have been.

P1DKeychain - Removes the 2394735932 keys from the item screen and puts them on a keychain.

Lowpolygrass - Lowers the polygons of Oblivion grass to 4. Huge performance boost in outdoor areas for any type of computer, with a tiny visual hit.

Nograsstilling - Smooths the blocky textures as viewed from afar. *Not the soup in the far distance*

That's all for now. I'll update it if I install any more.

OF IMPORTANT NOTE: I used a tweak guide, located at http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_13.html

The difference from some of the tweaks is huge. Especially if you've got alot of RAM, or a dual-core/Hyperthreaded PC. I suggest you look over them.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson

View next topic
View previous topic