· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 150 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Phoenix Wright

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote

I don't know who else has played these Nintendo DS games other than myself and Durkheim, but I thought I'd throw out this YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_yDgwibZs

It's supposed to have a september 25th release in the US, and may infact be the first Nintendo DS release of the game, as the original was for Gameboy Advance and has not yet received a re-release in japan.

--------------------------------------

On a related note, the forth game has just been released in japan, and looks awesome. The twist is having an almost entirely new cast of characters, while bringing in cameos from previous games. After watching the trailer below, I was compelled to order an import copy to play through (should be good kanji practice). I think I might end up spoiled on the awesome japanese cast though if they redub for the US release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWnqGUJfCBY

If you happen to read japanese, or don't mind clicking through blankly to see a bit of the new game, there's a flash version of the first case available at the following link.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/saiban4/saiban4_taikenban/saiban4_taikenban.html

Last but not least, I firmly believe that the new magician, Minuki, kicks Maya's whiny ass in every possible way for the cute detective sidekick position. Cool

Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote

We have a DS as well, but my 4 year old is the only one that plays it right now as there weren't many games to our (my wife & I) liking when we bought it.

I may have to check these out. Thanks Cyria. Very Happy

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote

I highly recommend them Soularmor, although you might have a bit of trouble finding the first game (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) at this point in any brick and mortar store. It's sold out about 4 printings now if I remember right, so trying online from Amazon might be a better bet. The second game (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All) is still at my local Best Buy, so I don't think it would be too hard to find.

This is really one of those sleeper hit games that got hardly any press, didn't sell well initially, but then through word of mouth alone ended up with extra production runs and sequels being brought over. I think I first heard of the game on some message board thread talking about how it was sold out everywhere, and out of sheer curiosity checked out some info on it. It took me nearly 4 months to find a copy, but damn was it worth it. The second game was released shortly afterward and I snatched up a copy the second I saw it on the shelf. I've read that the third is the best of the Phoenix Wright trilogy, so I'm really looking forward to it in September.

On a side note, if you end up getting both the first and second games, there's something you should know. The games were originally released for the Gameboy Advance in Japan, and the first game only contained 4 cases. The story for the first game pretty much wraps up at forth case, and the first case of the second game picks up from where it left off. The minor issue comes from the game being re-released on the Nintendo DS. In addition to adding a (very poor from what I hear) english language option to the DS version, they added a fifth case to the first game. This fifth case is sort of out of order story-wise, and I believe it falls after the third game, as all three were out for the Gameboy Advance by that time. Just something to keep in mind if you start noticing plot oddities starting the second game. It doesn't hurt at all to play through the case, but it doesn't fit into the story where it was placed.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Another game Cyria will be playing on the DS:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/snk-on-witching-touching-game-207023.php

And related PA comic:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/04/20

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote

Lies! *closes PlayAsia.com order link*

No, actually that's a tad too weird even for me to import.

View next topic
View previous topic