· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 159 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - New Minecraft Server

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Decided to make a new thread for the new server.

Our new minecraft server is at: minecraft.scalebane.com

Minecraft is a really different game where you shape the world around you. You can create mines, castles, any type of building, railroads, just about anything in block form. There is a crafting system, mobs, day/night, weather etc. Scalebane has had this current server up for about a week now and it's been pretty active. Our members have made a ton of neat buildings.

You can get minecraft here: http://minecraft.com

Here's a quick fanmade trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fS4RF3ht0

We're running the following mods using Bukkit:

HeroicDeath - announces when and how a player dies
Essentials - adds over 100 different commands type /help in game to see.
BigBrother - Allows rollback of vandalism
properTime - We use to to make the days longer and the nights slightly shorter to allow more time to safely build.

Quick reference for new players:
Crafting Recipes: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting
Tutorial for new players: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Beginner%27s_guide
Video Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVtj-1Ccgg
Essentials Commands guide (we don't use any of the cheats): http://ess.earth2me.com/index.php/Command_Reference

Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote

Hey Tullen when you get the chance i need you to check who has been in my chests in my house. Im missing several items. i had sign protected my basement but forgot to do it to my chests in my house.....im missing a couple stacks of saplings and definitely many other items. Please let me know when you get the chance. i will sign protect them and give you rights.

- Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Shadral wrote:
Hey Tullen when you get the chance i need you to check who has been in my chests in my house. Im missing several items. i had sign protected my basement but forgot to do it to my chests in my house.....im missing a couple stacks of saplings and definitely many other items. Please let me know when you get the chance. i will sign protect them and give you rights.

Hi Triforce, I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I'll send you a PM.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote

A squid spawned in a single block in my mine and fell over onto the glass.

Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote

Shopped. I can tell because of the angle of the lightning from your torches doesn't match the lighting of the squid.
I've also seen a fair amount of minecraft screens in my time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Riin wrote:
Shopped. I can tell because of the angle of the lightning from your torches doesn't match the lighting of the squid.
I've also seen a fair amount of minecraft screens in my time.

LOL. I invited folks over to check it out (happened twice). Smile

Rogue Class Leader
Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote

I now have a rail from my tower far north of spawn to the spawn. It isnt night proof yet as it hasnt been lit and has one spot that can spawn monsters i will fix. So be wary traveling on it at night.

- Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Canalar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 am Reply with quote

Awesome (and long!) railroad, Triforce!
Shadral
Rogue Class Leader
Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Canalar.

*Update*

There is now a fully operational minecart pez dispenser both at the spawn and my main station at base. It still isnt night proof yet but the good news is you dont need to bring a cart as the dispensers will provide.

It is also automatic in the way that when you get out of the minecart the station will put the minecart back in dispenser for you.

so TAKE A RIDE!!!!!

Konata
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Shadral wrote:
Thanks Canalar.

*Update*

There is now a fully operational minecart pez dispenser both at the spawn and my main station at base. It still isnt night proof yet but the good news is you dont need to bring a cart as the dispensers will provide.

It is also automatic in the way that when you get out of the minecart the station will put the minecart back in dispenser for you.

so TAKE A RIDE!!!!!

I need to take a look at your automatic returning mechanism. I've seen it before in another video, but I don't think that method works anymore with the minecart glitch broken.

Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote

The automatic return is easy as the arrival area simply has an unpowered power rail with a stone plate in front of it so when you exit the cart and step forward it turns on and sens cart back to dispenser. I also found a great overflow design that will keep other carts busy when dispenser is full and when a cart is called the system will shove the top cart into to dispenser since carts dont bounce off eachother the same anymore.

Its alot of fun

Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Minecraft 1.7 has been released.

Hold off on your updates for now if you want to play on the Scalebane server, I'll be waiting for a recommended bukkit build.

Minecraft Beta 1.7

1.7:

+ Added pistons
+ Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT
+ Fences can be stacked
+ Added shears
+ Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks
+ Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
* Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched
- Removed Herobrine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4UFb2YKI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDnZZ7quws&feature=player_embedded#at=26

Rogue Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote

For those of you who accidentally updated minecraft to 1.7 there is a way to revert to the older version until Tullen updates the server and plugins we use.

The easiest way and simplest is to launch the game and go to the texture pack area and open the folder from there. Once open close the game.

in the .minecraft folder is the "bin" folder. Delete the bin folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wmz0rb655itbdl

this link is to download the 1.6.6 bin folder

put this in the .minecraft folder

when you launch the game make sure to select "NOT NOW" when asked to update. you will be able to access the scalebane server.

if you have questions just let me know.

Triforce

Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quote

It shouldn't be too much longer. Bukkit put out a recommended build today, now we just have to wait for the plugins to update.

The process pretty much works like this:

1. Mojang (Notch's company) puts out a new version of Minecraft.
2. Bukkit puts out a recommended build based on the new version.
3. The plug-in authors update their plug-ins based on the new version of Bukkit (if needed)
4. I update the server with all of the above.

The more plug-ins we have the longer 3 and 4 take. Which is why we try to keep them to a reasonable number, and carefully consider each.

Guild Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote

For those of you who aren't aware. There was a duplication bug in 1.7.2, most servers are waiting for a patch before moving up to 1.7 (including us). Predictably, because of this, most plug-ins are holding off for a patch as well before they update. All part of the fun of playing a beta game.

View next topic
View previous topic