· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 160 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Setting up a weekly online D&D session

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Other Games
Tullen
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote

Redmonika wrote:
Im game but I definately cant play on weds so *shrugs*

Typical Persephonie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I want to play! I have to work a lot of wednesday evenings though, so I'm not sure I could commit weekly unless you plan to start after 8:30ish. =/
Riku
Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote

Am I too late to join this? I would love to play!

:D

Death Knight Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote

wots goin on with this?

Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote

I'd like August 1st to be our test run. That's the Wednesday after next.

Our tentative start time is 9 pm. Assuming no one has a problem with that, we'll play until someone's gotta go. Should be around midnight.

Requirements to play:

- Go to roll20.net and make an account. Keep in mind that the client shows full names to everyone, so if you're uncomfortable with that, make something up that we'll recognize. Feel free to watch some videos, but players have very little they need to know before they use the client.

- Consistant attendance.

- A post in this thread positively affirming your attendance to this first game. Prior posts of interest are being disregarded. If you're coming, say so here or to me personally so that I have a head count.

For the first session, you'll be playing a set of pre-made characters each with their own desires and personalities. I'll be giving you each character sheets that are ready to go, a quick description of your character and his or her reasons for being.

After this intro (which will probably last two days as I set the scene and instruct people on exactly how to play), you will control custom-made characters. As we play through the intro, you should be thinking about who you want to be, and there is one big rule there.

You cannot be yourself.

DND may have a whole bunch of rules and random shit, but the spirit of the game is role playing. You have to be somebody else. You must play the game through the mind of the character, and the actions you have him/her take should reflect this. I can expand upon this and will in the future. For now, I bring it up to make one important point.

If you are not yourself, than nobody else is themselves. Obvious, right? Then do not take personally the interactions of your characters if properly roleplayed. If two characters have been building up a burning hatred that eventually ends with one quietly murdering the other and lying to the group about it, there should be no ill-will between players.

I will be nudging people to make characters with whom such conflicts should not be common, but things happen. If it seems like two people are getting personal, I'll step in myself. Don't make me play councilor, because I already do not care about your feelings.

With the example above, if this was all properly in-character and you weren't directly apart of the confrontation, then you must also remember that your character doesn't know what actually happened even if you do.

I'll be posting more in the future about specifics concerning characters and a bit of backround information for the world so you have an idea of what's going on.

For now if you're considering a character, the usual high fantasy races apply: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Orc. The last two I'd prefer not to have, but if you have strong feelings about it, I'll allow it.

For some class ideas, check out http://www.pathfinderdb.com/character-options/classes/full-class-list
I may well not allow many of those, but I want to know what you're interested in and why, and then we'll work out officially how things will work. A more plain list is http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes.html and most of your characters will probably be derivative of each of these classes.

If you're totally lost, talk to me. We'll talk through your character's personality and fighting style to make something with which you're comfortable.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Durkheim on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durkheim
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote

As a note to Perse, I'm only off Wednesday and Thursday, and Thursday is currently my designated family day until around 10:30 pm. Unless we start late on Thursday, I have limited time. My work schedule currently runs 7 pm to 3 am, so it sits right in the middle of any potential time to play on days I'm working.

"I never had an opinion in politics or religion which I was afraid to own. A costive reserve on these subjects might have procured me more esteem from some people, but less from myself." -Thomas Jefferson
Fallenfoe
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote

IN

Hunter Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm in

Cletus 85 Draenei Paladin
Cruton 80 Human Death Knight
Riin
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote

In.

Guild Master
Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm in.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm in.

Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote

I'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote

shit

Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote

This is tonight.

Talk to me ahead of time if you can so I can brief you on your characters.

Redmonika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote

If it is not too much trouble id like to at least listen in from time to time its great background noise for Drawing.

View next topic
View previous topic